Chinese SIGINT

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Support Operations' started by mike_cos, Nov 20, 2011.

1. mike_cos

mike_cos Folgore Verified Military

The Project 2049 Institute, young Washington think tank with a focus on Asia-Pacific region,has just published this interesting, because synthetic document on the Third Department of Defence Staff of the Chinese. More or less the equivalent of the U.S. NSA, which is one oft he main structures of Beijing Sigint Intelligence, responsible for a significant part of the cyber operations.
    The report examines the structure of command, the operating divisions (twelve) and research facilities connected to it.... enjoy

The Chinese People's Liberation Army Signals Intelligence and Cyber Reconnaissance Infrastructure
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Olias

Olias Unverified

I wonder how this development will affect network exploitation by china in the future. A separate SIGINT counterpart to the NSA, one can assume, will only lead to a streamlining of their present operations. I don't really know much about SIGINT, because I am not a crypto, but a Lieutenant back at my last command was talking about developments he had seen coming from China, and this isn't unlike one of the things he mentioned. Really I am just surprised an institution like this hadn't arisen earlier, as China has always been notoriously aggressive in their collection attempts against the US military.
  3. SpitfireV

SpitfireV Strike first, strike hard, no mercy! Member

Thanks Mike, great find mate.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mike_cos

mike_cos Folgore Verified Military

Stay tuned mate... stay tuned,,, we are at the beginning only...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MilkTruckCoPilot

MilkTruckCoPilot SOT-A & fries Verified SOF Support

Mentor Program:
    Support Mentor
    I've been here for about 18 months. Is my observation correct in that you've been here since Saturday and yet you almost have more posts then I do?