Israeli spy ring in Christchurch

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Support Operations' started by Dame, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Dame

Dame Member

What the heck is going on in Christchurch?

http://news.yahoo.com/report-deadly-nz-quake-uncovers-israeli-spy-ring-231311624.html
  2. TLDR20

TLDR20 Special Forces Moderating Staff

Mentor Program:
    SOF Mentor
    The Israelis are very sneaky people. I have said before they are just as likely to spy on us an "ally" as an enemy is. They are only an ally because we have mutual enemies. If we didn't I think our relationship with them would be very different.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Invictus

Invictus Grasshopper Member

When I first read that title I thought the Israelis were going to be suspected of creating the earthquake similar to Mossad's shark agents.

Interesting article though.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. QC

QC 1 CDO Verified SOF

It's a Zionist conspiracy!
  5. SpitfireV

SpitfireV Strike first, strike hard, no mercy! Member

It's been the worst kept secret in NZ government history: I heard about it from three separate government departments, two of which should have had nothing or little to do with it.

It's all very interesting. The latest details that I didn't know about have just raised more questions.

After I ejaculated with joy. I love this shit.
  6. SpitfireV

7. mike_cos

mike_cos Folgore Verified Military

...and a couple of banks...
  8. Freefalling

Freefalling Signal Administrator

NZ? I would think Israel has greater threats to worry about than NZ.....
  9. QC

QC 1 CDO Verified SOF

10. mike_cos

mike_cos Folgore Verified Military

not so little....

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SpitfireV

Yeah but if there are people that they're interested in here then they're hardly likely to tell us, are they?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dame

Dame Member

Question from the spy-novel addict: Any chance that these "agents" were working with the NZ government? Having the Israeli PM contact the NZ PM four times almost sounds like a heads-up that they could not contact their people. PM Key might then be rather tight lipped about spilling any details of multiple passports that he may have approved. Just a random late night thought.
  13. SpitfireV

No, next to no chance. Israel is considered "not quite friendly" and we would not knowingly allow any other nation's (with the possible exception of Australia) intelligence services to operate here.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Cochise

Cochise Verified Military

Is there any interest from Israel in say Thailand or the Phillipines where they could use NZ as a jumping off point? Dame brought up a very interesting observation; however, after Israel and Australia's relationship fell through maybe they are no longer so friendly. Interesting observation, Dame.
  15. Dame

Dame Member

It just made more sense than the story they are trying to sell with the identity thieves. I was looking at Iran being the ultimate target but somewhere closer works too. :thumbsup:

ETA: Could maybe be interfacing with the todaysfutbol.com server in Malasia too. :-x
  16. Mac_NZ

Mac_NZ Stitch Bitch Verified Military

Well if your an Israeli spy wanting to sneak around the world what better identity to use than one of a nation where all the rest of the world thinks you do is fuck sheep, play rugby and that there are actually Hobbits living there. Plus the accent is so stuffed up you could get by easily.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. TLDR20

TLDR20 Special Forces Moderating Staff

Mentor Program:
    SOF Mentor
    Are there not hobbits?
  18. alibi

alibi Member

Putin's No. 1 enemy.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  19. SpitfireV

The ID theft thesis is a valid one but one I'm not entirely convinced by: there are better and easier ways to get a hold of identities. It also looks like they might have had some kind of support network in place. And why would you send a team down, unsanctioned, to recover what might only be passports? On that note, why would they have fake or fraudulent identities in their possession? Would they not have had them well hidden deep within their van, not on the body of the dead guy? And why were they bottling about in a van in the first place? Why did they need to be so mobile?

Why, for a "simple" case of identity fraud did Israel send some kind of team (whoever they might have been) down in a great rush to get something out of that van or out of a building inside a cordoned area? Israel are smarter than that- it's too high profile for some passports/IDs that could have been retrieved later for minimal exposure. No, something else was there. Something far more valuable than documents.
  20. Crusader74

Crusader74 Verified Military Verified Military

Big investigation here as to why they obtained Irish ones too. From what I read in the papers it is to gain access to unfriendly nations ..No one is going to suspect Irish or New Zealand Spies in an Arab country...
    • Like Like x 1