Quitting smoking, need some encouragment!

Discussion in 'Fitness and Nutrition' started by JohnnyBoyUSMC, May 16, 2012.

1. Red Flag 1

Red Flag 1 Cleared to pass gas, use big needles,& other stuff Verified Military

Good on ya!!

RF 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 25&5

25&5 Verified Military

You can do this. I went "cold turkey" in November and only had two relapses before the New Year. Haven't had any since, and just thinking about having chew or smoking makes me actually gag a little bit. I still have a dream once or twice a month where I am chewing or smoking again, but waking up with guilt is keeping me on track.

Honestly, when things were hard and I was "fiendin'" for SOMETHING I would pray and ride it out. I want to believe that my love for self and family is stronger than a nicotine addiction. I am now addicted to Trident. Quitting tobacco gave me the confidence to quit meat and auto-eroticism.

Keep going strong.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JohnnyBoyUSMC

JohnnyBoyUSMC Click, click, boom. Verified Military

I'm amazed this thread I started is still going and am glad of it! Semper Yut Yut to those of you that have also taken the hard road to quit! I'm staying strong, the early ass college classes don't help curb my cravings but I haven't given in and don't intend to :)
    • Like Like x 5
  4. digrar

digrar custom user title Verified Military

I was talking to the old man today, he sounded very positive about quitting, which is not something I recall from previous attempts, he reckons it feels right this time. I don't know if his brain has picked up on the emphysema on a subconscious level or what, but he's not fighting it this time.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Deathy McDeath

Deathy McDeath Verified Military

Today marks two weeks total of no tobacco at all! I want to thank you guys for all the fine words of encouragement. There's nothing like an internet forum to peer pressure you into doing something ;)
    • Like Like x 6
  6. CDG

CDG Verified Military

SSMP:
    SOF Mentor
    Nice work dude! Keep it up! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  7. Chopstick

Chopstick Verified Estrogen Brigade Member

Very good, Deathy! Stay at it!:thumbsup:
  8. Red Flag 1

Red Flag 1 Cleared to pass gas, use big needles,& other stuff Verified Military

Thanks for the update! Stay with it.

RF 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Hate Ape

The Hate Ape Verified Military

Finished the pack this morning and felt like a real piece of shit.

I think quitting is a great idea especially after reading some of this thread.

Day 1 starts now @ 0939
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Chopstick

Good for you, Hate Ape!:thumbsup:
  11. SkrewzLoose

SkrewzLoose Something Clever Verified Military

I'm going to record the noise my room mate makes when he's "snoring". At first I thought it was because he was sick, then I remembered he smokes, drinks, plays video games all day and is generally unhealthy. His exhalation sounds labored almost to the point of being forced out. Quite appalling.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chopstick

Pillow therapy. :-"
  13. Marauder06

Marauder06 Intel Enabler Administrator

SSMP:
    Support Mentor
    I cleaned the messages out of our answering machine this past weekend, except for the one that "Thomas" left for me when he was in the hospital. In the message, he assured me he was fine, that everything was OK, etc. In a week, he was dead.

All my other friends his age (he's significantly older than me) are still alive. His wife is still alive. All of his friends are still alive. The difference between all of them and him? He was addicted to cigarettes.

Stop using tobacco; live longer, live better.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. The Hate Ape

This sucks already
  15. Chopstick

Emphysema, COPD, living on an oxygen tank and lung cancer suck MORE! You can do it!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SkrewzLoose

SkrewzLoose Something Clever Verified Military

NC is tobacco country, I grew up there. Plenty of old timers wheeling around their O2 tanks with a carton of Newports in their scooter basket (no offense to any present company, family, et al).
    You don't want that to be you.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Deathy McDeath

I know the feeling man. The end of this month will mark two months of no tobacco for me, and I have to say that its the greatest feeling. Not waking up feeling like death, being able to run for more than 10 minutes without wheezing, and not having that foul smell that turns people off from you is just awesome. Its hard, but the military taught you to be made of harder stuff than that. Kick the pack and feel good knowing that you'll have that much more room in your pockets for useful stuff!
    • Like Like x 2
  18. The Hate Ape

like pizza rolls, I'm getting cravings like a pregnant woman.

I hope its a boy.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Deathy McDeath

Hows it going?
  20. The Hate Ape

I'm eating way too many pizza rolls, thats how its going.
    • Like Like x 2