7th SFG

U.S. and Czech Troops Investigated for Death of Afghan Prisoner

7th SFG Soldier has been a shit show lately. You have guys raping children, running drugs, and now potentially murdering POW's.

While I agree they (7SFG) haven't been doing the Regiment any favors on the PR front, I don't think what is written in this article is enough information to jump to any negative conclusions. As much as we like to poke fun at our Floridian counterparts, they are still overwhelmingly full of professional warriors. The few bad apples shouldn't be empowered to tarnish all of their sacrifices and accomplishments.

Personally, not upset to hear an Afghan who committed an insider attack against our coalition brothers was killed. Seems a fitting punishment for his crime.

7th Group may have killed a Taliban posing as an ANSF soldier? It's not right but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. It's a far cry from murdering fellow Americans for money.

7th Group may have killed a Taliban posing as an ANSF soldier? It's not right but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. It's a far cry from murdering fellow Americans for money.
Enemy forces wearing friendly force uniforms, wonder if the Hague Conventions mention this situation?......

Time to disband them?

I mean... maybe? You don’t hear about it at other groups. Between the sexting ring (which lead to the CSM for SF command getting the axe, so already having some accountability), the Coke smuggler (again, got the full spot light out on him, no cover ups), I think Group is doing a decent job policing themselves.

Also equivocating this to say, leaving an American on a mountain, or killing an American over embezzled funds, or threatening your own teammates to not rat on you, is illogical. Was this shady? Yes. Was it the right thing to do for a murdered ally? I don’t know but I know I’d probably do the same thing if it was sprint I worked with. If it even happened.

I mean... maybe? You don’t hear about it at other groups. Between the sexting ring (which lead to the CSM for SF command getting the axe, so already having some accountability), the Coke smuggler (again, got the full spot light out on him, no cover ups), I think Group is doing a decent job policing themselves.

Also equivocating this to say, leaving an American on a mountain, or killing an American over embezzled funds, or threatening your own teammates to not rat on you, is illogical. Was this shady? Yes. Was it the right thing to do for a murdered ally? I don’t know but I know I’d probably do the same thing if it was sprint I worked with. If it even happened.

I don't think @BloodStripe is actually calling to disband them; I think he's referencing the fact that anytime SEALs get bad publicity, we talk about disbanding them.i

Army SF seems to be much better about keeping their own house clean though, and I don't see this being any different, after investigations and what not.

I think this is going to come down harder on whoever may be involved, simply because that story about the SEAL who killed a wounded combatant is within the same news cycle.

7th Group was running the Jungle Warfare School at JOTC Ft. Sherman, Panama, when I went through there. Best instructors I ever had.

read the story and didn't see where the 7th SFG ODA did the torturing.
They handed the guy over to a friendly coalition unit and they appear to have whacked him.
BFD.

Innocent till proven guilty or guilty till proven innocent? Cant be one or the other because of experiential bias can it? Its a Kavanaugh moment.

I don't think @BloodStripe is actually calling to disband them; I think he's referencing the fact that anytime SEALs get bad publicity, we talk about disbanding them.i

Army SF seems to be much better about keeping their own house clean though, and I don't see this being any different, after investigations and what not.

I think this is going to come down harder on whoever may be involved, simply because that story about the SEAL who killed a wounded combatant is within the same news cycle.
I understood what he was saying. I’m just pointing out the two aren’t even in the same Ball Park regarding behavior.

Don’t you mean alleged behaviors? In the latest cycle the verdicts are not in.

@DC
@Diamondback 2/2

Let’s please keep this thread on track and about 7th Group. Plenty of “disband the SEAL’s” threads (or PM’s) to continue your discussion in.

Yep, all good.

Funny thing about that OP article is the correction at the bottom that states, that the report that the Afghan Commando was beaten in NATO custody was a false report...

@DC
@Diamondback 2/2

Let’s please keep this thread on track and about 7th Group. Plenty of “disband the SEAL’s” threads (or PM’s) to continue your discussion in.
I am only talking about this situation. I see accusations but no real reason in this case issue with 7th SFG. Czechs would be suspect from information provided. That’s my public opinion.

Back