A few questions about the CCT life.

Chris16

Now I'm only a freshmen in highschool and have awhile to decide what I want to do, but I'm exploring all my options. I'm interested in Army SF and CCT, I have a few questions about Combat Control teams that I couldn't find much about on the internet.

1. Since CCTs are attached to different Special Operation units do they go to the unit they're going to be attached to on that units workup before they deploy ?

2. When you are dropped from the CCT pipeline, where do you go ? I've heard TACP, or needs of the Air Force. I guess it depends at what point you were dropped out of the pipeline ?

3. I plan to get my AA while in highschool, so I can get my bachelors degree 2 years out of highschool. On the Air Force website it says they get a degree in Airway science. I've always been interested in computers so I was thinking a degree in Computer Science. Would this help me be a more qualified Combat controller or does it really matter ?

4. Where do CCT get stationed ? I saw it could
Pope AFB, NC, Hurlburt Field, FL, McChord AFB, WA, Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom, and Lackland AFB, TX. Do you get a choice or is it needs of the Air Force ?

I will say this first- you're a freshman in high school. You need to focus on high school. Being interested is fine. Asking questions is fine. Asking the questions you asked, though, is not fine.

1- Use common sense. Does common sense say, "Hey, you know what would be a good idea? Let's take a really close, small team of alpha males, get them all spun up to deploy, and then throw in a random dude to work in a very important position on the team at the last moment!" You're in high school. Pre-deployment battle rhythms are not your concern.

2- You're in high school. You literally just got there.

3- O_o YOU. ARE. IN. HIGH. SCHOOL.

4- That list looks correct.

Seriously though- don't worry about this stuff. I know guys that are actually Controllers that didn't ask any of these questions before they enlisted as 25 year old men. Spend your time in high school and don't worry about this stuff. I have a feeling the jobs will be there when it's time.

I will say this first- you're a freshman in high school. You need to focus on high school. Being interested is fine. Asking questions is fine. Asking the questions you asked, though, is not fine.

1- Use common sense. Does common sense say, "Hey, you know what would be a good idea? Let's take a really close, small team of alpha males, get them all spun up to deploy, and then throw in a random dude to work in a very important position on the team at the last moment!" You're in high school. Pre-deployment battle rhythms are not your concern.

2- You're in high school. You literally just got there.

3- O_o YOU. ARE. IN. HIGH. SCHOOL.

4- That list looks correct.

Seriously though- don't worry about this stuff. I know guys that are actually Controllers that didn't ask any of these questions before they enlisted as 25 year old men. Spend your time in high school and don't worry about this stuff. I have a feeling the jobs will be there when it's time.
Thanks for the reply amlove21, I know I'm in high-school, but I'm just anxious to move on to something different because school isn't a challenge for me.

Back