AD SOF guy interested in transitioning to NGSF.

Nightmare1-2

0372 / 0317
Verified SOF
Guys,

I'm an AD MARSOC operator who's approaching EAS and looking at NGSF as a solid option (I'm not done hurting myself, apparently). I AM Working with a prior service recruiter, currently.

I've found a lot of information on Blue to Green via this forum but, there's not a lot of info on Blue to Green for prior SOF guys.

I'd love to connect with any dudes that have gone through this process or have any additional insights.

Thanks,

NM1

I wasn't a SOF guy prior to the Q course, but I did go through with the NG.

What questions do you have about the process specifically?

Depending on what Guard unit you go through, you may or may not have to do their SFRE (I'd plan on doing it regardless). And you would definitely go to SFAS.

Did you attend any portion of the Q while in MARSOC? I know some of you guys used to attend MOS. If any of the following apply, you may be able to skip certain parts of the Q course:

-You have a 1059 from attending one of the 18 series MOS course already.
-You attended SERE C at Camp Mackall
-You have a language already (also depends on the language, your score, and your Guard unit).
-You attended MFF at Yuma.

Hopefully that answers some of your questions. Good luck going forward.

DZ,

Thanks, your response is consistent with what I've been hearing.

There were a few, very lucky dudes that got to jump into the MOS course. I wasn't one. Ha!

But all hope is not lost. I do have some of the req's / min. capabilities, that you posted on bullets.

If you don't mind, I'd like to send you a PM.

Thanks again!

Back