Alias Training Closes Shop

AWP

SOF Support
Interesting take on Alias Training if you read the comments. The fact that a number of highly regarded instructors precipitated this is rather telling.

The Demise Of Alias Training & Security Services - Soldier Systems Daily

Late Sunday night, several well known tactical trainers announced they were cutting ties with Alias Training & Security Services. Mike Pannone posted an announcement on Facebook which included other Alias instructors Pat McNamara, Jeff Gonzales and Craig Douglas, stating all were moving on. Additionally, Larry Vickers announced a move to the newly formed Aztec Training Services.

Like so many things there seems to a "public" version regarding Alias billing practices/payments, and a "private" side regarding Alias business integrity and ethics. I dealt with Paul when he was at Grey Group in Fayetteville when I took some classes through them; he did right by me. Sucks that things went south with him. Still, something big and beyond my need-to-know is going down. I hope all the instructors land on their feet.

Hotaling had the Holy Grail of instructors on his roster.

You know what the meaning of the word professional is?

-The fact this had been going on since 2015, and they gave him the benefit of the doubt, for as long as they did, before they pulled the plug.

-That Vickers is still going to own up to those who have already paid and classed up.

Now, you know what's F'd up? The fact that Hotaling still has his website up, active with numerous courses still showing and available. The unknowing will see it, pay their 50% up front and may never see a dime of it back and nothing to show for it in return.

It will be interesting to watch this play out over the next year. I never cared for the concept anyway, I get hiring out the business aspects. I just felt there was way more competitiveness in pricing when everyone was on there own. Especially when you compare what some of the more "entertainment" trainer's vs what SMU guys bill.

Back