Anybody watching Jeopardy?

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
I"ve been DVR'ing this guy and watching at night. In 12 episodes he's had a 1 day total of $131k and is doing the math do end the day on the birthday's of his relatives. Dude is amazing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...tter-if-he-broke-game/?utm_term=.859f26924203

The answer, unfortunately for Alex, was the guy to his left: James Holzhauer, the frighteningly talented “Jeopardy!” player who has dominated the past 13 games and racked up $942,738, second only to Ken Jennings. In its 35th season, the dinnertime show is suddenly appointment television as Holzhauer has shattered the idea of a typical “Jeopardy!” strategy. He has broken his record for single-game winnings three times; his highest total is $131,137, which he won last week. Holzhauer plays, as Slate put it, “like a cyborg constructed for the express purpose of winning at this ever-popular game.”

Check out this video....

James Holzhauer: 10 Wins and New Jeopardy! Records | J!Buzz | Jeopardy.com

Someone finally applied a betting strategy to the game AND isn't afraid to lose.... Plus he's good at trivia.

Had to happen sometime.

He needs to trademark that smile... :ROFLMAO:

LL

He's on the spectrum, like a very high level Aspergers. You can see it in how he talks and acts during the meet-and-greet. Smart as hell, realizes he is playing with house money: he literally has nothing to lose. He's fun as hell to watch.

He's on the spectrum, like a very high level Aspergers. You can see it in how he talks and acts during the meet-and-greet. Smart as hell, realizes he is playing with house money: he literally has nothing to lose. He's fun as hell to watch.
Huh. I don't see it. He seems very social and has no peculiarities in his speech pattern.

ETA: OK, maybe the smile. Or maybe he's just more "normal" than I am. :ROFLMAO:

Mrs O and I watch Jeopardy pretty much every night. This dude has a mind like a steel trap. Unfucking real.

Last edited:
He seemed off his game. Tired? Apathy? Just not his night (probably)? She has definitely been the best player to challenge him.

He seemed off his game. Tired? Apathy? Just not his night (probably)? She has definitely been the best player to challenge him.

She crushed it. To take nothing away from well-deserved victory, I think James was ready to call it quits.

He's got a few MLB clubhouses vying to have him in their analytics departments.

She crushed it. To take nothing away from well-deserved victory, I think James was ready to call it quits.

He's got a few MLB clubhouses vying to have him in their analytics departments.

I agree, with all. Her ballsy "true daily double" won her the game. Had she not known that answer, we wouldn't be having the discussion. It was the most competitive game in almost 2 months; even the dude in the middle played a solid game. She earned it.

She tried out 3 other times before getting in on this attempt, her first was in high school. She is a Princeton graduate. She reminds me of a girl I dated who was at UNC-CH getting her PhD, she was always very serious, about everything, and she couldn't stand to lose, anything.

Back