BCT prep: Critics Welcome

Jae1297

Marine
Verified Military
Im 17, and I have a background in Western Boxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I have changed my routine a bit sense I found out about NSW and the Special Boat Teams. I'm not a big power-lifter or bodybuilder guy but I can carry my own weight( 6'0 165lbs):

Roadwork( term for running) 4-6 miles, moderate pace
jump rope- 3 rounds(15 minutes)
200 meter sprints -sprint, then walk back(25-30 minutes)
Parkour park runs- Dont have an "ocourse" but I use what I have(3 laps around my park, take 10 minutes)
Sparring with partners- 15-30 minutes

Calisthenics are done throughout the day

1000 Sit Ups: Sets of 50, not rushed , slow and controlled
500 Push ups: Sets of 50, not rushed
100 pull ups: Sets of 15, controlled, bent at 90 degrees

This us roughly what I do everyday. Some days Ill do sprints before jumping rope, some days I will do roadwork last. All criticism is welcomed

I don't see any swimming and I don't have to be prior Navy to see that tremendous shortcoming.

I know how to swim and I swim in the ocean mostly( From Rhode Island).

No,
The standard is a given distance vs a time.
The instructors want to see how fast you can swim a distance.
I Have taken a mock PST

500yard swim-10:00
Push ups-78
Sit ups-86
Pull ups-17
1.5 Mile run-9:20

If the Internet existed when I joined, and there was a forum, this is what I wish someone told me:

Body weight exercises are good...but work up to 100 lbs + body weight on dips, pullups, pushups, and lunges.
The kit use to weigh 20 lbs with water and ammo, now you are looking at 100 or more!

Good luck buddy...:thumbsup:

If the Internet existed when I joined, and there was a forum, this is what I wish someone told me:

Body weight exercises are good...but work up to 100 lbs + body weight on dips, pullups, pushups, and lunges.
The kit use to weigh 20 lbs with water and ammo, now you are looking at 100 or more!

Good luck buddy...:thumbsup:
Thank your sir

Back