CANSOFCOM pays homage to The Devil's Brigade with new Dress uniform

Who's the fat guy with the beard on the right?

And why do Canadians wear their chevrons upside down?

Only thing now is to replace the white belts. I heard they are bringing back the brown ad
Who's the fat guy with the beard on the right?

And why do Canadians wear their chevrons upside down?

Fat guy is a sailor, they are permitted to wear beards as per tradition.

As for the chevron's, the rest of the world thinks yours are upside down. ;-) Ours is based off the British ranks which existed before yours.

Fat guy is a sailor, they are permitted to wear beards as per tradition.

As for the chevron's, the rest of the world thinks yours are upside down. ;-) Ours is based off the British ranks which existed before yours.

And you, too, could have had new chevrons had you the balls to kick the shit out of the British, too!

I kid, I kid.....

As for the sailor, the beard is an ancient mariner tradition. Wish ours (Navy) would bring it back.

I'm well versed in the art of spit-shining combat boots. You just don't see it too often nowadays, with everybody wearing desert tactical etc.

Sam Brown belts would look sharp with those uniforms.

The author of the article (David Pugliese) can be such a tool. Last week he referred to CSOR as "regular commandoes", implying that DHTC are the "real" commandoes. Mind you, he's made a career of trying to pry open the CANSOF lid and failing, so he resorts to journalistic heckling when he can.

The author of the article (David Pugliese) can be such a tool. Last week he referred to CSOR as "regular commandoes", implying that DHTC are the "real" commandoes. Mind you, he's made a career of trying to pry open the CANSOF lid and failing, so he resorts to journalistic heckling when he can.

Maybe Puliese can join here and offer some comment on the Marines/elite infantry thread, or start a new thread about how elite commandos are/aren't....

Back