Career Military

LimaPanther

Recon Marine
Verified SOF
I started my military right out of high school by joining the Marine Corps. Marine Corps Recon was stood up in 1958 and I was part of that when selected by the Corps right out of ITR in 60. When I arrived at A Co, 2d Recon BN, I asked how I got there and was told "You passed the swim test didn't you". At that time there were only 2 companies besides HQs. Later served with B, 3rd Recon BN and 2d Force. Being an 0311 I was told I wasn't guaranteed I could stay so a number of us went Army to go SF. Surprise, they didn't have an MOS either so we could go where the Army wanted us. During my many years I have served with 10th GRP at Tolz (11C Heavy Weapons), 1/501st ABN 101st (VietNam), 3/187th ABN 101st, 1/16th INF 1st INF DIV (VietNam), L Co 75th (Rangers)(VietNam), 2/9th 2d INF (DMZ Korea), Drill Sgt (FT. Dix), Recruiter, etc. Finally retired in 80. Still go to LeJeune ever June for 2d Recon Association get together and get to kill two birds with one stone since Force is now part of the BN I get to see both again.

Attachments

• Recon 001.jpg
    Recon 001.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 30
Back