College Students: Conference at West Point 24-25JAN17: National Conference on Ethics in America

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
Thought some of you might want to take advantage of this. I'm going to attend. So is GEN(Ret.) Odierno.

The Simon Center for the Professional Military Ethic - NCEA2017

National Conference on Ethics in America

Pros:
-it's free
-they pay for lodging and food
-there are some really, really interesting speakers
-attendees from all over the country

Cons:
-it's REALLY freakin' cold at West Point in the winter.

I"m not running this thing but I know the person who is. Hit me up via PM or post questions below.

This is primarily for undergrads and certain schools are targeted, but any college student can request a slot. If you want to come here TDY, let me know and I can probably help.

Last edited:
I'm terrified to miss two whole days of school. This conference looks great though and not far away. I will have to see how my next quarter looks.

Looks like a great conference. Yes West Point in winter is a COLD sight to behold. I'll be working those days, enjoy!

Sounds like a tremendous event. I would love to be able to attend but with having to be down on campus the whole week before I don't think my command would approve additional leave.

Airfare looks horrendous. They still have seats?

edit: Yeah...so I'm kind of an idiot, thought the dates were from DEC 23-26:wall:. Hence why airfare was over a grand. Finals are frying my brain.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I RSVP'd hoping to hear back, and I got an email from the XO so I assume it was accepted, but I'm having trouble getting the school to cover the airfare. If I can't get the school to swing i,t I can't go, so let me know if you want in but the RSVP is closed. I'll give up my spot if I can't find a benefactor so that the spot isn't wasted.

Got word back and sent an email with my flight details and ID info. I have a 1700 flight back to Idaho on the 26th, was thinking of hitting up the Metropolitan Museum of Art at 1000, or doing an Ellis Island tour at 0900. Anyone else planning on sightseeing?

Edit: I need to look over what I submit, my first post was nearly illegible.:-/

Last edited:
Back