Combat Controllers

Hello everyone. I am new to the site but am happy to be able to be in touch with members of the Special Operations community. Currently I am training with the goal of getting a Special Warfare Contract in the Navy when I enlist and going the SEAL route. I have been training since March and have been working on my PST scores. I am nowhere near ready but am making progress to be ready. My goal is to be ready around June of 2016 and go into the delayed entry program.

Upon doing research, I have also come to find interest in the Air Force Combat Controllers. I have researched them online and have come to understand roughly the role they play. What I can't find is much information outside of what airforce.com says. There is so much information, true and false, that the internet is flooded with in regards to Navy SEALs and dozens of great books about them, but I can't seem to find a lot out about Combat Controllers besides what the training pipeline looks like and a general description of what they do.

I have a few questions that I would really appreciate feedback from some men who have worked with CCT or have been CCT that I have not seen online or in any forums (I apologize if these questions have been answered already, I did search through the forums looking for these questions and was unable to find anything as well as using the search function to try and find this info. While I did find out some great information, I did not see these questions):

1. What role does CCT play when on a mission with another special operations unit?
2. I know that the primary role of a Combat Controller is not combat but that they are well trained in it. But how often do they encounter combat?

Any additional insight about the aspects of being a Combat Controller would be much appreciated. I'm sure that I will come up with more questions as time goes on but this is currently some questions I have on my mind. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

And to all who have served, I am eternally grateful. Thank you for your service.

Respectfully,

Sean W.

Welcome to the site, Sean. As stated in the pinned posts above, introduction threads are for a) you to state who you are, and b) current members to welcome newcomers to the site.

Your questions are more appropriate for the CCT sub-forum within the AFSOC forum. Take the time to familiarize yourself with the site, read all the historical knowledge contained within (hint: the search function is your friend, and not all references to a topic are contained to a single forum), and if you still have questions remaining, that is the most appropriate place to start asking.

Welcome to the site, Sean. As stated in the pinned posts above, introduction threads are for a) you to state who you are, and b) current members to welcome newcomers to the site.

Your questions are more appropriate for the CCT sub-forum within the AFSOC forum. Take the time to familiarize yourself with the site, read all the historical knowledge contained within (hint: the search function is your friend, and not all references to a topic are contained to a single forum), and if you still have questions remaining, that is the most appropriate place to start asking.

I apologize I should have not started my post with that. I have already completed my introduction. But thank you for the advice! I will do so. I did go through the CCT section under US Air Force Special Operations and was unable to find these questions and was unable to on other websites but I will continue to search. Thank you!

I now see that I did indeed post this in the wrong section and I apologize for that. I will certainly be more observant in the future. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

Welcome to SS. No worries. Thanks to @Totentanz's suggestions and input you have found the area you have been looking for. You have made the needed course correction, and you move ahead from this point.

Back