Current shortfalls?

I am currently using the Naval Special Warfare Physical Training Guide until I recieve my copy of Get Selected for Special Forces: How to Successfully Train for and Complete Special Forces Assessment & Selection.

My biggest weakness is my cardiovascular endurance, so I’m focusing the majority of my training on increasing my mileage every week. I am also incorporating one hundred, two hundred, four hundred, and eight hundred meter intervals into my training, so I can maintain my anaerobic ability.

My lower body strength is my second biggest weakness, so I plan on alternating between weight training and rucking every other day. I’m currently looking for “combat” boots and a backpack, so I can mimic the conditions of training as much as possible.

I also need to add swimming to my regime, so I can get proficient at treading water.

“How are you training for selection? Give an honest assessment about what your weaknesses are.”

Marathon runs alone no headphones on city hills. Lifting weights, timed miles, pull-up exercises, eating right, looking into martial art classes and swimming lessons.

At the moment I don’t know how to swim all that well. Not hitting 6min/1m for 3miles so I feel slow. Not all that big. In honest assessment not all that mature either.

Right now I'm doing the THOR3 SFAS 14 week preparation. I'm on week 13. My most glaring weakness is my run time; I'm at about a 15:00 2-mile right now. I also think my ruck might be too slow. I have to PUSH to get a 15-minute pace. So those are basically the two areas I'm most concerned about.

I’m just a civi that likes to run. A 7:30 pace is good but to break into the 6 minuet club which was my big wall also; is to just train on it specifically. Take the time to grab a book or two. Watch YouTube videos and just put in that extra effort because your hr is going to be hammering in the high 100’s. That is why it’s one of the hardest things you have to just accept it’s very uncomfortable to run that fast for distance.

But a man just ran 100miles at a 6:45 pace you got this. Good luck.

Back