Election Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos and comedy all in one orange ball. File it under Ross Perot. How to split the party in one easy lesson and guarantee a win for the Democrats.

Whether the party splits on not will probably depend on if DeSantis choose to run or wait until 2028.
Worst case scenario (for GOP) is probably both of them running and DeSantis getting the nomination. That'd for sure become a Perot situation.

We have a lot of time and a crapload of primaries to whittle this down, unless we have a contested convention. Now THAT would be fun.

Whether the party splits on not will probably depend on if DeSantis choose to run or wait until 2028.
Worst case scenario (for GOP) is probably both of them running and DeSantis getting the nomination. That'd for sure become a Perot situation.

If one of them runs as an independent? That's the only way this would be a third party situation; otherwise, it could get sorted out in a very ugly brokered convention.

What am I up to, about 8 beers now? A full bottle of good whiskey?

For real, if you're ever in the Springs or I'm passing through where you are I'll get you a drink. Can chat about something other than politics; Favorite coaster at Cedar Point or something.
Beers on me, my friend. I will definitely hit you up if I am through there.

I find it interesting that google won’t give Alaskan Senate to the republicans, despite the fact that the top two candidates are both Republican, with 43.3 and 43.1 percent of the vote. That would give them 50 seats in senate

Can't wait till Gavin Newsome is in the White House. This is step one. Little off topic because there won't be an election, my b.
I was expecting Zuckerberg to be our first openly reptilian president until he started dumping billions in his dogshit VR chat.

Trump (to an extent) opened the door for celebrity candidates, so I'm waiting to see that go to President Johnson and VP Hart 2028.

Doesn't matter party, they just have to run as moderate D/R and they'd probably win on goodwill and name alone.

Can't wait till Gavin Newsome is in the White House. This is step one. Little off topic because there won't be an election, my b.

I read that Newsome is the popular choice to run for Pelosi's seat.

I was expecting Zuckerberg to be our first openly reptilian president until he started dumping billions in his dogshit VR chat.

Trump (to an extent) opened the door for celebrity candidates, so I'm waiting to see that go to President Johnson and VP Hart 2028.

Doesn't matter party, they just have to run as moderate D/R and they'd probably win on goodwill and name alone.

I remember one of the democrats' knock against Reagan was that even though he had been governor, he was really "just an actor." There was a lot of crap being slung about him being a celebrity instead of a politician and that POTUS was beyond his capability.

Let's just play hypotheticals.

Newsome takes Speaker. Kamala Harris has an unforeseen illness/personal issue, forcing her to step down. Newsome fills VP role.

The Biden impeachment (or serious health issues) finally catch up to the President; he steps down. Newsome steps up.

No election, no primary- but he's the incumbent in 24 against (now) Trump but (hopefully) DeSantis and Gabbard/Haley/Other.

Just, you know, mark this for later.

Let's just play hypotheticals.

Newsome takes Speaker. Kamala Harris has an unforeseen illness/personal issue, forcing her to step down. Newsome fills VP role.

The Biden impeachment (or serious health issues) finally catch up to the President; he steps down. Newsome steps up.

No election, no primary- but he's the incumbent in 24 against (now) Trump but (hopefully) DeSantis and Gabbard/Haley/Other.

Just, you know, mark this for later.

Sounds like the plot of an older Clancy novel, which means it's probably about perfect for out current political system.

Hard agree about hoping for DeSantis. Obviously not my party, but I don't think the country is going to manage another Trump election win/lose. A portion of the population is gonna lose their shit regardless of outcome if he's involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back