Father's Day

Man in the Middle is one of my Asymmetric Solutions associates and friends. He is a former 7th Group dude. Won’t name names here. But if you are familiar with an ODA using a Raven on the chest for roll call. Then you may know my buddy😉

Happy Father's Day!! Let's cheer the real reason, most of us have grocery eating piles of debt!

Homer Simpson Life GIF

@Ooh-Rah , my father died when I was eight. I am forever compared to him, to listen to friends and family talked about him you would have thought he was the greatest man alive. It is next to impossible for me to be like him.

That said, If I can be half the man, half the father, he was, I'll be doing all right. All that is to say that I understand you didn't have the greatest relationship, but we are our own men, our father's personalities and styles are not our legacy, nor our burden.

Not always having the best relationship with my own dad, Father’s Day is a mixed bag of emotions for me.
He’s gone now, so the regret of unfinished conversations linger.

I’ve worked hard to ensure my own kids don’t have the same struggles; I think I’ve succeeded.

View attachment 39697

I learned to be a good dad by not being my dad. Sad to say, but he turned out to be a good lesson of how not to be a good parent…and it’s served me well. 🤣

Back