Former SF medic/SOG member possible MOH recipient

Hand Salute to Gary Rose and his Brothers-in-Arms. We owe these men. The country owes these men more than they can ever be compensated.

No derail intended here...consider this an aside. I copied the following paragraph because it perfectly illustrates--for you guys interested in Vietnam War history--the kind of poisonous fiction the media was spewing out routinely about American warfighters during the war and long after.

"Hagan, a Green Beret who fought with the SOG in Vietnam, had been interviewed by the network and assumed the debut episode would be about veteran benefits, according to a video interview published online in 2009. But the investigative expose, which was titled “Valley of Death” and hosted by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Peter Arnett, instead made a series of hard-hitting allegations about the mission all those years ago in Laos. CNN claimed that Rose, Plancich, Hagan and the other Special Forces soldiers were sent in to kill American military defectors, and during the mission they destroyed a village, killed women and children, and dropped deadly sarin gas, a chemical weapon banned under international law, according to a detailed examination of the reporting by the Defense Department. The same claims were published by CNN’s partner Time magazine in a story written by Arnett and April Oliver, who was a CNN producer.“I was disgusted. All of a sudden, now instead of helping with my benefits I’m a goddamn baby killer,” Hagan said in the earlier interview..."

It doesn't matter that a story gets retracted. Headlines on page one, retractions buried, bottom of page twenty-three. Nobody pays any attention to retractions. The damage is already done. Millions of Americans still believe all this bullshit. Fools like William Calley didn't help any but even if My Lai hadn't occurred, the media would've invented their own atrocities. And did routinely. And Peter Arnett, the slanderous traitor who NBC fired in '03, deserves to be hung by his 81-year-old ballsack, his Pulitzer Prize sharpened and shoved up his ass.

Last edited:
41 years. 41 years removed from the end of the war and there's still people pushing this shit? While the N.V.A slaughtered civilians by the thousands. Amazing how the more things change the more they stay the same.

Back