French Operation Commander Killed in failed rescue attempt

Loki

Civil Affairs
Verified SOF
This story was sent to me by a long time friend in the region, the commanders name as of now has not been released. Details are currently short and specifics of the dead have not been released to the best of my knowledge.

HSM Press
PRESS RELEASE: French Operation Commander Killed.

Bulo‐Marer (14/01/2013) ‐ The French rescue operation in Bulo‐Marer, Lower Shabelle region, not only failed to secure the release of Dennis Alex but also resulted in the death of several of the French forces and injured many more. Among those severely injured during the botched operation was the French commander leading the operation.

The commander was deserted by his comrades after a fierce firefight and subsequently captured by the
Mujahideen. HSM paramedic teams arrived at the scene shortly after the firefight had ended and
transferred him to a hospital at the base, but he succumbed to his injuries hours later.
The Mujahideen recovered several weapons and the soldier’s gear from the scene of battle and later
also managed to retrieve valuable information from the soldier before his death. The body of the soldier
is still within the custody of the Mujahideen.

Harakat Al‐Shabaab Al‐Mujahideen has also today reached a unanimous verdict on the fate of Dennis
Alex after three and a half years in captivity. The details of that verdict and some background
information of the events leading up to the failed rescue operation will be published in the coming hours
Insha'allah.
Press Office
Harakat Al‐Shabaab Al Mujahideen

http://somalisecuritystudies.blogspot.com/2013/01/al-shabaab-statements-regarding-dgse.html

http://www.amiirnuur.com/index.php?...qabtay-dagalkii-buulo-mareer&catid=48:wararka

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...mali-tweet-out-photos-of-dead-french-soldier/

The commander was deserted by his comrades after a fierce firefight and subsequently captured by the Mujahideen.

The Mujahideen recovered several weapons and the soldier’s gear from the scene of battle and later also managed to retrieve valuable information from the soldier before his death.

O_o

I haven't been able to get allot of facts as of yet with regard to this incident. Everyone I know that should know isn't saying anything. As I discover new information I will post, as of now this thing is not getting much press. At first glace this thing appears really bad and forces you to assume allot of factors. I'm waiting to pass personal judgment until fully clarified.

I do agree that the facts need to come out…

From all the reports I have seen, 2 of these French Commandos were left behind. That alone has me wondering WTF?

However, without knowing anything about the unit, the Op, or the region, I am not passing judgment, nor could I if I wanted too.

Take this with a shaker full of salt, but seeing that I was in during the first Mitterrand admin. (holy shit: 27 years ago) and this current Prez and his cabinet come from the same DNA, I believe Hollande hisself got his fingers out of his ass just long enough to "push" this attempt into a cock up. The affair just has that whiff about it, like the Rainbow Warrior and other foul ups...
Three warriors died on this one. Saint Michel prends soint d'eux.

After serving in combat operations with the Commando Hubert and the French SAS I will give them benefit of the doubt at this point. I really hope there is much more to this story. After all let's not forget Operation Red Wings ( no disrespect intended in any way) and several others. Bad shit happens and sometimes more often then we all care to remember. I would rather be lucky than good...

Back