Glad to be here

jspears

Unverified
A friend on another professional site steered me here.
I'm a former 18D and did my team time in B/3/7 in the 80's working out of Panama and spent most of my time in El Sal, Columbia, Bolivia, Peru, etc.
I'm a doc now but got brought back in to training and contracting during the GWOT.
I get to stay sane as a trainer for a private company teaching CQB operations, shoot house, precision rifle, and TCCC (no escaping medic duties).
Guys frequently reach out to me for advice and second opinions (I'm a fellowship trained spine surgeon) and it's an honor to help out a brother who's not getting the help he needs. Please feel free.
Glad to be here, I'm always proud to help any way I can.
John.

Welcome Doc...

I've got this pain in my sacral and cervical regions, I'm thinking it's caused by a 18B/D with pink epidural outgrowth - any ideas on curing it? :wall: :p :D

LL - some SS forum inside jokes included... but you're smart, you'll figure it out...

Welcome John, it's a great site, and gets better every time an experienced SOF member participates.
Reed

Welcome Doc...

I've got this pain in my sacral and cervical regions, I'm thinking it's caused by a 18B/D with pink epidural outgrowth - any ideas on curing it? :wall: :p :D

LL - some SS forum inside jokes included... but you're smart, you'll figure it out...

doc, the wench is casting aspersions upon me, and was too urbane to say that I am cause for paresthesia in her gluteal region... but then again, I KNOW I'm a pain in the ass... I'm an 18D... and then CPT Rocky Farr was my 300F-1 instructor... I was in the reclass with Sandhammer and Vargas... Bienvenidos Amigo, cerveza?

Welcome Doc...

:-o

/search

Oh wait, "cervical" is not related to "cervix." Thanks Google.

Yeah, you probably don't want to know what popped into my head with the whole "pink outgrowth" thing either.

Anyhoo, enough of all that, welcome to the site, John!

X SF Med,
Yeah, we're from the same generation.
Rocky was a captain just out of his pathology residency at Ft. Sam when I went through 300 F1.
He made major not long after.
Sorry I couldn't make it to his retirement ceremony this year. He was/is a fantastic guy.
He's one of the reasons I thought I could be a doctor.
So, I blame him!

A friend on another professional site steered me here.
I'm a former 18D and did my team time in B/3/7 in the 80's working out of Panama and spent most of my time in El Sal, Columbia, Bolivia, Peru, etc.
I'm a doc now but got brought back in to training and contracting during the GWOT.
I get to stay sane as a trainer for a private company teaching CQB operations, shoot house, precision rifle, and TCCC (no escaping medic duties).
Guys frequently reach out to me for advice and second opinions (I'm a fellowship trained spine surgeon) and it's an honor to help out a brother who's not getting the help he needs. Please feel free.
Glad to be here, I'm always proud to help any way I can.
John.

Welcome brother. Good to have another D around here!

Back