I can’t find this anywhere

July

Verified Military
If I earned (basic) airborne wings/parachutist badge in the Army, can I wear them in the Navy, and where is the proper placement.

The basic parachutist badge specifically, I don’t have the pre-reqs for the Navy specific wings.

If I earned (basic) airborne wings/parachutist badge in the Army, can I wear them in the Navy, and where is the proper placement.

The basic parachutist badge specifically, I don’t have the pre-reqs for the Navy specific wings.
I've seen lots of people in the Navy, and some Marines, wear jump wings. Not in the Navy so I don't want to guess about proper placement, other than to say I've seen them worn beneath the larger ship qualification badge (like submarines or whatever). But that was at JSOC so who knows if it was actually authorized. :)

I saw this page, but I got hung up on this-

“b. The following personnel have essential P3 operations as a part of their military duty and must maintain qualification to receive hazardous duty incentive pay:”

I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to take that as, you can only wear it if you’re assigned to a unit that jumps regularly.

“b. The following personnel have essential P3 operations as a part of their military duty and must maintain qualification to receive hazardous duty incentive pay:”

I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to take that as, you can only wear it if you’re assigned to a unit that jumps regularly.
I don't read it that way. I read that as if you want to get jump pay, you have to be in a billet.

@Teufel ?

Yeah. That has nothing to do with the wear of the wings. Section 10 makes it pretty clear if you have basic wings, you can wear them.

Page 7 of this 8 page document explains best. If the Navy will allow you to go to jump school you will probably go to Ft. Benning, GA., the Army's jump school. When you complete the course, you will be awarded the basic jump wings. Those can be worn until you become disqualified. You do not get the gold Marine/Navy jump wings until you do further jumps. Read the whole document.

Back