In the Company of Heroes

RippedHalo

Unverified
Available for free as an eBook through the United States Military Academy Library website.

http://eds.a.ebscohost.com/eds/eboo...2ae94@sessionmgr4002&vid=3&hid=4102&format=EB

THE PERSONAL STORY BEHIND BLACK HAWK DOWN

Piloting a U.S. Army Special Operations Blackhawk over Somalia, Michael Durant was shot down with a rocket-propelled grenade on October 3, 1993. With devastating injuries, he was made the prisoner of Somali warlord Mohamed Aidid - the man responsible for prolonging starvation in his country by hijacking U.N. food shipments.

Revealing never-before-told stories with the incisive thought and emotion of one who was there, "the author does not pull any punches....His story, In the Company of Heroes, is one of great bravery, of going to hell and making it back alive" (The Indianapolis Star).

"I've read In the Company of Heroes and I think it's stunning. It's my objective opinion that Army helicopter pilots, especially Warrant Officer pilots, are some of the best and bravest pilots who ever flew, and this book proves it." - Robert Mason, former CW2 U.S. Army helicopter pilot, Vietnam, and author of the national bestseller Chickenhawk

"This book is about far more than one battle. It is about the kind of men and women who serve our nation; the kind of Americans who understand the price that has been paid for our freedom and liberties, and the resolve and sacrifice that are required to maintain them for the future. This is a must read." - General Carl Stiner, U.S. Army (Ret.), coauthor of the #1 New York Times bestseller Shadow Warriors: Inside the Special Forces

Back