Inquiring about option 40 information

checkbra

Unverified
Hello all and thank you for taking the time to read this post. I am currently enrolled at my local community college working towards my associates of general education degree. I currently have a General Education Degree and so my question is will having an associates degree increase my chances on landing an option 40 in my contract? I have not selected an M.O.S I want to pursue yet but would like some clarification on whether or not an associates degree will give me an advantage in landing the contract or if it is solely dependent on availability for whatever M.O.S you choose.

Thanks again for taking the time to read,

-D

Have you spoke to a recruiter yet?
Thank you for the quick reply. No, I have not inquired to the recruiter I am in contact with about this particular question as he has given me the run around with option 40 availability and keeps telling me that it has to do with timing and good ASVAB scores. In contrast multiple clients of mine at the FFL I work for are either active duty or retired from the regiment and have told me to stick with school before I inquire farther about the option 40 in order to give myself an edge. I suppose after explaining this my initial post may seem redundant but I was looking for third and fourth opinions as I am not quite sure who to listen to at this point.

Back