Interested in Pararescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

knagle

Unverified
Hello,
Obviously as you can tell by my title, I am interested in Pararescue. To give background on the interest, I come from a family of military members. My great grandfather served in the Army Air Corps, my pap fought in Korea and Vietnam in the Army, my other grandfather is a Marine, my father was in the Army as an infantryman, my uncle was a mechanic in the Army, My step dad was in a Navy job, My step mother was in the Air Force Security Forces. When I was a kid, I wanted to go into the army, and the desire continued until I left High School. Kind of didn't know where I wanted to go, with little options, as I had a GED.

After talking with family, and gathering information else where, I made the decision to go into the Air Force after I finish a semester, or more of college. I am currently a volunteer firefighter, and it really peaked my interest in rescue as a whole. So, I did do extensive research, and it appears that Pararescue is the only SOF that has the primary mission of rescue, in the US.

I have a few questions regarding it, that I could not find elsewhere. First, what would you consider the most important things in Indoc? Also, how long is the pipeline, truly? Second, what is life as a PJ like? Not a deciding factor, just something good to know. Are deployments frequent? Is PCS more frequent in this career field? What are the non-deployed days on average like? Lastly, is this something many people make a career out of? If not, why is that?

Thank you for your time.

<Mod Edit for paragraphs>

Last edited by a moderator:
have a few questions regarding it, that I could not find elsewhere.

Where have you looked?
Did you check out the mentor area like I suggested in your intro post? There is a thread in there that may be of interest to you.

Please do not ask anymore "PJ" questions until you can respond "yes" to that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back