Intro: Attending A&S in April MARSOC

Labado21

Unverified
Hey gents. Names Jordan , joined the corps at 18 right after high school. Went to boot sept 2013. Been in the fleet as an 0811/0814 since April 2014. Stationed in camp Pendleton.

So I'm attending assessment and selection in April of 2015. I've been waiting for my shot to get into the Spec op community since middle school, always knew its where I wanted to be some day and now its up to my future instructors at selection to decide if I belong or not.

Will be posting a thread somewhere on here soon thats open to any other MARSOC hopefulls who would like to join me in preparation for selection

Height 6'3"
Weight 210lbs

My times so far are

3mile 20min 21sec
20 deadhang.pull ups
100 crunches

3 mile ruck (flat ground) 28min
6.6 mile (with hills) 1hr 21min
8mile (flat) 1hr 42mins
Note: the 3 mile I literally just run it like a pft I don't use intervals

300m swim in cammies 9min 6sec (never really swam much before would appreciate if any locals would be willing to work with me on strokes)

...and now its up to my future instructors at selection to decide if I belong or not.

Welcome.

And in response to the quoted piece of your post:

No.... it's up to you to prove to your instructors that you have what it takes, mentally, physically, spiritually and intellectually. The step you are about to take is all on you, should you fail, you fail of your own accord, should you excel, you excel on your own accord. You can not blame anybody but you for failure, but you should thank those that helped if succeed. That's one of the old school rules of military leadership - Share credit, accept blame.

Now drive on, use the search function here and join the MARSOC mentor group.

Welcome.

No.... it's up to you to prove to your instructors that you have what it takes, mentally, physically, spiritually and intellectually. The step you are about to take is all on you, should you fail, you fail of your own accord, should you excel, you excel on your own accord. You can not blame anybody but you for failure, but you should thank those that helped if succeed. That's one of the old school rules of military leadership - Share credit, accept blame.

^^^^^^^This! Welcome to SS.

Welcome.

Fully agreed and that's what I hold myself to. Don't know why I put it that way. Appreciate it

Back