intro.

AK Trooper

Verified Military
Hello all. My name is Casey. I served in the Army from 2004-2007 as an 11B. My first duty station was at Fort Richardson in Alaska for the 501st Airborne Bco (Blackfoot). in the summer of 2005 Fort Richardson was to sand up a new airborne brigade 425INF. everybody who didn't have a certain amount of time left on their contracts were told to sign an extension (I recall it being around two and a half years but not certain) or be pcs to another duty station. at the time I had a squad leader who told every young soldier in my situation "Don't sign up for any more time without a bonus." taking his advice I soon got orders to Fort Drum New York.

at Fort Drum I was assigned to 2-14 Aco. The unit had just gotten back from Iraq and I was able to go through a full training cycle with them. that's when tragedy struck. the early spring of 2006 while doing it pre deployment rotation at NTC, I had a training accident or I fell down a mountain and broke my back. No major damage to the spinal cord was done but I fractured two vertebrae and tore straight through one disc. I was placed in a med hold unit while undergoing physical therapy and was med boarded in early 2007. I had to take pain pills everyday and the doctor said that I would probably need a cane to walk for the rest of my life.

There's nothing you can't do without hard work determination. 3 years after being medically discharged, attending regular physical therapy and chiropractic appointments. my physical limitations decreased to the point where I'm mostly pain free. in 2011 I became a law enforcement officer for the state of Alaska. though not SWAT (yet) I'd be happy to verify 'LEO' if there is such a title on these forms.

I joined these forms because I really enjoy military culture, and I love reading military books (Lions of Kandahar is my current read), and soaking up as much military knowledge as I can. I guess it's kind of a iche I never got to fully scratch.

I hope this wasn't too drab and long winded, and I hope the spelling and grammar errors were at a minimum. This was all typed on an Android phone.

Thanks
Casey

Welcome brother. I'm in Alaska as well.

This winter sure isn't treating us well this year huh?

Welcome to SS. You have done quite well with your post injury rehab. It speaks well of not only you, but the value in a solid physical medicine program.

Welcome to SS. You have done quite well with your post injury rehab. It speaks well of not only you, but the value in a solid physical medicine program.
Thank you. well I've got your attention, I'm not current military but I am a LEO (although not SWAT) is there any type of verification for my status?

Thank you. well I've got your attention, I'm not current military but I am a LEO (although not SWAT) is there any type of verification for my status?

We can vet you as " verified military" . Take a look at " Vetting and Requests". This is primarily a Special Operations Military centered site. We have law enforcement members, most of which have military experience, such as yours. We can kick the LEO vetting around with the staff, and see how it shakes out; no promises. Vet military for now, all you need is your DD-214 for that.

We can vet you as " verified military" . Take a look at " Vetting and Requests". This is primarily a Special Operations Military centered site. We have law enforcement members, most of which have military experience, such as yours. We can kick the LEO vetting around with the staff, and see how it shakes out; no promises. Vet military for now, all you need is your DD-214 for that.
Great! Thanks.

Welcome to the site. I'm originally from AK and all my family are still up there. Just spent 10 days up there with my girlfriend over the holidays. From Anchorage originally, but we moved to Wasilla awhile back.

Back