Intro

DRT

Unverified
Hello,

I've been lurking on this forum for several months. Such a wealth of information. Truly a luxury to learn from such professionals. In High School, my goal was military. Air force fighter pilot. My parents talked me out of it, but I always regretted not pursuing it.

Fast forward to now, I'm 20, pursuing a bachelors in Computer Science. Attended my cousins graduation from boot camp several months ago and realized I had to pursue the military or forever have that regret. (He's in the SWCC pipeline)

Started PTing with a vengeance, always been in decent shape. I've done my research (this board contributed quite a bit) and settled on the 75th Regiment. Finished my paperwork and ASVAB. (above 125 on line scores) I've been offered an 11x with op. 40. But holding out for a 13F MOS.

Thank ya'll for doing this. Looking forward to learning from everyone.

-DRT

Welcome. I'm not in the Army or a Ranger...but why hold out for a fire support MOS over an infantry speciality?

Thanks everyone!

@Teufel Several reasons, not sure how valid they are, but...

1. From what I've gleaned online. FO's in the Regiment are outside the wire almost as much as Infantry.
2. I'm a little worried about getting assigned 11C. Don't want to be stuck lobbing shells
3. My minor in college is/was Math. So thought I would use slightly more as a FO, than Infantry.
4. Get to work the LT.
5. Get to work with Air Assets.

Back