Introducing myself to the community.

11Bull

Banned
Banned
Hello Shadowspear,

I've been a lurker here for quite sometime now, randomly browsing in and out over the years when looking for information. One of the consistencies I've noticed is how professional and experienced the site members are, with a no nonsense approach to random internet people. I believe more military communities should be like that. I decided to become a member because I enjoy interacting and learning about other services and perspectives from different parts of the armed forces. Maybe my 2 cents could be useful to somebody out there.

A little bit about myself. I'm in a transitional period between leaving active duty and serving with the reserves. I'm still in that terminal leave stage where i'm up at 6am in the morning reflecting on my military career, thinking how weird it is i'm not at formation. I served 3 years in the 82nd Airborne as an infantryman with one deployment to Afghanistan and many deployments to Atropia where the mosquitos are huge and the rain never ends.

There were many things about the army I didn't enjoy, however I still care about it deep down and I especially care about soldiers. I'm ready to give up the uniform yet so I signed up with the reserves as a 42A. I have no idea what to expect.

My goals right now are pretty much thousand meter targets, but they give me something to wake up and go after so i'm not rotting on the couch. I'm starting college soon with the end goal of attending OCS through the reserves and getting into law enforcement.

Appreciate it everyone.

Welcome aboard! Best of success to you on your future goals and objectives.

Back