Introduction - Book Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

keflavik

Unverified
I served active duty USAF from 90-96 at Peterson AFB and Keflavik. I was an SP counting rivets on the flight line. Lots of respect for PJs. As a matter of fact, I lost AOY to a PJ in Iceland. Hard to compete against someone who saved the lives of several Icelandic fishermen stranded at sea. Anyway, I'm writing a fictional novel that involves PJs and I need help with research, such as nomenclature, radio speak, etc. The best way I can honor PJs is to make sure I get it right and realistic. I'd appreciate your help. Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm a complete novice to PJs, so please bear with me. Here's some basic questions to get started. The hypothetical scenario involves a downed fighter pilot in hostile territory...

1. How many team members are there in a basic CSAR team?
2. What are their roles and individual equipment used?
3. If the aircraft that delivered them went down during the rescue, who on the team would radio for help? Who would they call and what would that radio speak be like?
4. Assuming a second aircraft is sent in, does the CSAR have direct contact with that aircraft?
5. When deployed on a rescue mission, does the aircraft extracting the CSAR team typically have additional air support?
6. Assuming the ground team uses secure communications, is there a slang term for that radio?

Thanks,
Keflavik

@keflavik -

Welcome threads are for welcoming new members only.

It seems that task has been covered, you are welcome to begin a new thread on the board and ask your questions.

Won't happen in a welcome thread though....

- locked -

Status
Not open for further replies.