introduction, Steve Longan

Stevenlongan

Unverified
My name is Steve Longan, I retired from the 5th SFG(A) After 20+ years. Entered the Army Sep 83, first assignment to Ft Lewis Wa. with the 29th Sig Bn. Wrangled an assignment with the 1/10th SFG(A) Bad Tolz Ge. from 85 to 88. From there I went to Ft Bragg to attend SFQC after selection in August (great fun). After graduating the Q course I arrived at Aco 3rd Bn 5th SFG(A) in Dec 89. where I served until Retirement in June of 04 as a MSG 18Z or Team SGT of ODA 573. I retired near Big Rock Tn. just west of Ft Campbell Ky, on a small farm raising horses and therefore had to get a job. I worked as a diesel mechanic for a short period then scored a job contracting with SOATC-B of the 160th SOAR as an armament tech working with and teaching miniguns. Everything gets old so to get back with my SF family I am now contracting in AFG on a small camp working with SOF teaching and maintaining SOF specific weapons and other trinkets. I appreciate acceptance in this and other SOF groups. It has allowed me to regain contact with many long lost friends. I stumbled on this site, mentioned it to some 3rd Group guys i'm working with and received a verbal recommendation to check it out. So now I am. Again, thank you.

Back