Introduction

WookWrangler

Unverified
I am currently a collector for the USMC recently back from Afghanistan. I have deployed ISO OIF x 2 and OEF x 2 and toured for two years in the Pacific. I started my career as an Optics geek and cross trained as an armorer while simultaneously training as a civilian gunsmith. Shooting and gun building is my pleasure and I have recently begun reloading and developing custom loads for long range shooting. I continued my service in OIF conducting PSD/PPD for NATO and host country officials and heads of state. After returning from Iraq I was teamed with a USMC STA Platoon as a direct support team member for another pump to OIF. After returning from OIF I served as a MEF COC Ops/Watch Chief where I coordinated air and ground assets ISO MEF operations and integrated evolving technology into battlefield command and control SOP. During this time I worked closely with SOCCOM leadership in order to bridge the CF/SOF disconnect that plagues many scenarios. It wasn't easy, and I'm not saying it got fixed, but the situation improved. Shortly after my stint as a desk warrior I became a collector and have done two rounds in OEF in both 2010 and 2012. This has been by far the highlight of my career and I wish to continue my time in as a collector. I am currently preparing for a move to the SOCCOM community as DS to MARSOC or ISO Army SOF. Other billets include my MOS as 0918/MCIWS, foreign weapons training instructor, AT/FP level II, TF TROY IED Forensics Analyst, and prior to enlisting I was an EMT and have attended DMOC and TCCC.

I came to this site because I have noticed there is a wealth of knowledge here and unlike many websites Airsofters are told to hit the road. I am currently looking to integrate improved communications methodology and intelligence concepts into the collector teams we have available. I know that history has a tendency to repeat itself and if I can spend an hour on here and learn from mistakes/good decisions made by other professionals, then that is time well spent.

RangerPsych,

I am out and about right now but I plan on getting verified soon. I read the verification thread but who do I send the info too?

Der!

Thanks Freefalling. You jump on the civilian side? Just got back to the states and I need a partner for USPA currency.

When I was hitting it every weekend I rocked a 120 Jedei w Eagle Trim lineset and an MR135 Reserve in a TJN Javelin. I still have a closet full of rigs and canopies.

Back