Introduction

purple_haze

Unverified
Hello ShadowSpear community!

The name is Evan. Lance Corporal in the Corps. My Military Occupational Specialty is 0311 Rifleman. Currently attached to 2nd Battalion 8th Marines Company E. I've been on one OEF deployment in Company E 1st Platoon 3rd squad, squad billet was radio operator. During the deployment I received an email from MARSOC Recruiting Command and had my eyes set on being a Critical Skills Operator 0372 ever since then. Upon returning to Camp Lejeune MARSOCRC spoke with my unit where I received my package and began filling it out. During the course of me filling it out I began the PT from which I left off at in Afghanistan (I went from 193 to 165 in Afghanistan when I got that email to prepare). During the course of my personal training regimen I hurt myself due to overtraining. My BAS determined I had stress
fractures in my left foot in the heel center and big toe as well as bi-lateral foot pain in my right foot. This all happened prior to my last 2 steps for my package which were optometry and BC and SgtMaj signatures. So at that point my package was on "hold". I was instructed to not do any high impact lower body exercises not allowed to run a CFT or PFT, do forced marches or hikes and all that good stuff. About 3 weeks later my unit departed for an NIE exercise in New Mexico which is where I am now. I haven't had formal instruction on how to help my stress fractures due to not having gone to sports medicine yet. I have kept up with my workout regimen and been doing what cardio I can to stay in shape (I.E. Bike, elliptical).

I joined ShadowSpear as a means to find information from Marines past experiences at ASPOC, motivation to keep on pushing through my vaginal sore of an injury, as a reference tool for ways to amp up my workouts and as a source to possibly find a SOF Mentor in the Jacksonville, NC area.

I look forward to my experience on the site and thank in advance (if I forget to at the time I am aided) for all the help received.

P.S.: I apologize for the long first paragraph. Typed this out on my phone and wanted to give sufficient information on myself so that the community knows where I stand as of right now.

@Firemedic lol yeah every injury nuisance is a good ol sandy vagina, vaginal sore or a short lived (or long lived) period.

Yep. Broke my left ankle on my 6th. jump in Division in 95. I had a recon. surgery for 5 ruptured ligaments and 2 broken bones. I was given the chance to take a medical or heal and jump again. I choose to be a fucking man. I jumped until 99. Hang in there brother...

F.M.

Yep. Broke my left ankle on my 6th. jump in Division in 95. I had a recon. surgery for 5 ruptured ligaments and 2 broken bones. I was given the chance to take a medical or heal and jump again. I choose to be a fucking man. I jumped until 99. Hang in there brother...

F.M.

Thanks bro. Will do.

Back