Introduction

Misfit900904

Unverified
Hello,

I am here on shadow spear trying to seek guidance from the best that U.S. Military has to offer. I have been told to come here from a Friend who was a Marine and he tried out for MARSOC. I do not know what MARSOC is so feel free to call me ignorant if you choose to. All he mentioned was that the guidance he reached out for was readily available to him from recruiters within the orginization he was trying to join or from operators themselves. Along with all this I am seeking out what branch would best suit me as well as the preparations needed. I am not and have never been in the military so any advice would help.

Some other info to know about is listed below:
Education: High School Diploma, Some college as well. Nothing to serious I found out I hated school which is why I stopped going.
Misc: Not a super strong swimmer like a Navy Seal or Recon Marine would be but all around athletic and fit. Also I am color blind so if anyone can just straight up tell me that I am wasting my time please do.

Reason for wanting to join: For personal reasons I just want to do something more then what I have accomplished. It's sound typical coming from a civilian but I am humble enough to learn and want to learn. Though I am an older individual I can seek guidance from anyone with the experience and do my best to adapt. Lastly, Grand Father was an ODA/SF/Green Berets and he never mentioned anything he did quite frankly he never talked much but he sure as hell had pride in what he did and what he accomplished while being with his unit I believe was 5th Special Forces Group however I am not sure 100%. When he did talk he mentioned how he missed the cohesion he had with his soldiers and that's what I want. Sorry for the long story any advice on anything will help.

Greetings and welcome,

I wish you best of success here, be sure to check out the search function on the site, it will help answer many of the questions you posed in your opening post.

Hi and welcome. I don't think you will be able to join an SOF with being color blind and all. Good luck and maybe you can find a branch and MOS where you can provide some support if that is your wish.

That works too. If it is the only option available.

Back