Introduction

81FO

FO 81MM Wpns. 3/23
Verified Military
First and foremost let me say thank you all for your service to our country, SOF members are a unique and special breed of warrior, hence the "Special" moniker. You gentlemen are an inspiration, and know that you’re sacrifices, nor your fallen brothers sacrifices are /were not in-vain.

I have been viewing the Shadowspear Forum discussions for a few years now. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading many of the topics. I have gained a great deal of knowledge and even more so, laughter. Many of the conversations / discussions on the forum are hilarious.

My time in the Marine Reserves made a profound impression on me. There is much of it I miss even after 20 years has passed. Initially I enlisted in the Marine Reserve PLC program, however, the first two years with my unit introduced me to a whole new world. My MOS was 0341- Mortarman, eventually I was offered an Forward Observer spot. I wish a resource like Shadowspear Forum would have been available back then. In 1995, on advice received from the battalion FAC, I was trying to get accepted into 4th ANGLICO. Unfortunately information and resources on the correct process were very limited to nonexistent. In 1996 I had a life changing incident that steered me to not re-new my enlistment. So, on to IRR thru 1997 and on January 03, 1998 I received an HD- DD214.

From there I started a different chapter in my life, after graduating college I was offered a full-time position at a university to help with developing and implementing an updated security infrastructure for the campus. A few years later I was offered another position at a different higher education campus to employ a similar infrastructure.

In 2014 I changed course again and took a far simpler job working as a state inspector, which is presently my occupation.

My reason for creating a profile is simply to support this site / forum, and continue to enjoy reading the discussions found within.

Note: USMCR, Forward Observer, 81MM Mortar Platoon, 3rd Battalion, 23rd Marines, 4th Marine Division

Semper Fidelis

Improvious, Apto, Expugno

Need to make a correction to my intro post. I omitted the company I served in... so here it is again, this time correct.

81 MM Platoon, Weapons Company, 3rd Battalion, 23rd Marines, 4th Marine Division

Back