Introduction

Jprez556

Unverified
Hello all! My name is Joe. I'm glad to have stumbled across this site because it shows a wonderful plethora of information along with having actual people to talk and learn from rather than documents. For those who don't know me (which is all of you most likely lol) I'm 16, a Boy Scout on the path to Eagle, a Philadelphia Police Explorer, in 11th grade and plan to continue my journey of life by enlisting in the Marine Corps next year. Don't know the field yet, looking mainly at infantry and artillery but it'll come to me soon. I have been doing research since the 6th grade on a lot of military units and what not. Since my grandfather served in the Army I thought I'd follow his footsteps and continue the legacy, but as I stated, I came to the conclusion that I want to be a Marine. I honestly don't know where the Corps will take me and how it'll transition me into a better man but I guess all I could say for now, prepare for the worst but hope for the best. But I've wanted to serve in the armed forces for as long as I could remember, and now I'm so close! I've also been looking into some SOF units and I yearn to someday be at the tip of the spear. I don't know how long I plan to stay in the Corps when I get to that point, but it depends. If anyone would like to know anything else about me feel free to reply or leave me a message!

Oh,by the way I also have an account on Leatherneck.com for anyone who is interested in Marine Corps and Navy blogs/forums.

Welcome aboard! I have been out for a while now, but there isn't a day that goes by, that I don't use some form of leadership that I learned from the Corps.

I wish you the best success! Keep clean, stay focused, and drive on!

That's great! I was a Boy Scout and loved it. It's a great program that helped me build a foundation for future success in the Marine Corps. Welcome aboard! Let us know when you earn your eagle, several members are located in your area.

Welcome to SS.

I don't know if it is still the case or not. When my son was at finished up USMC basic, mid 90's, it was good for another stripe.

That's great! I was a Boy Scout and loved it. It's a great program that helped me build a foundation for future success in the Marine Corps. Welcome aboard! Let us know when you earn your eagle, several members are located in your area.
Yes sir! I surely will! And I love Boy Scouts, it made me value many traditions I hold closely to me, and helped me learn people and leadership skills that I hope to transitiona to the Marine Corps when I enlist!

Welcome to SS.

I don't know if it is still the case or not. When my son was at finished up USMC basic, mid 90's, it was good for another stripe.
And thank you, and yes I believe Eagle Scout promotes anyone who shows and brings the paperwork to the recruiter to E-2 upon graduation of basic.

Back