Introduction

OuterGinger24

OuterGinger24
Verified Military
Hello all,

I am a prior service active duty Marine who came across this site not to long ago after a Google search and decided to become active so I can get some information from knowledgeable people because I am thinking about joining the reserves. I EAS'd in 12' and am a current full time student using that sweet, sweet Post 9/11 GI Bill. Spent my entire 4 years on the east coast in Camp Lejuene, NC serving with 2d Marine Division completing 2 tours in the process. Went TAD during the last 8 months and spent time at New River and also at Stone Bay with the MARSOC school house doing some role playing for ITC students going through Derna Bridge and Urban R&S. Currently as a student I'm in a Veterans BSN program which brought back the missing feeling of the brotherhood lost after I EAS'd and now hoping within the next 6 -12 months I can find myself back in th fold and affiliated with the military again in a HM capacity with 4th Recon which would put my new skills to use.

Welcome Marine, best of success to you.

Thank you for taking the time to be vetted!

Last edited:
What are your post BSN plans?

I'm keeping the door open and looking into different avenues. From what I've been told there are possibilities to work for local hospitals, the VA Hospital or serve in the military as a RN. I'm leaning towards working for the VA doing a nursing trauma residency they have for new graduates and serving in a reserve capacity but if the right active duty opportunity came I'd jump on it.

Back