Introduction

SeeTeeGee

Unverified
Hello, everyone! I know this introduction is a bit late, and I apologize for that.

I am a 20-year-old civilian living in Alabama. I earned my Associate of Science back in the Fall of 2018 and have decided to put my education on hold in order to pursue a career in the military.

Service in the military has been something I've wanted to work towards ever since my Freshman year of high school. I had originally planned to enlist in the Army after I graduated high school but was convinced to go to college first and at least earn an Associate's Degree. Now that I have done exactly that, I am eager to finally enlist in the Army.

I have done quite a bit of research on the Army Special Forces and I am thoroughly in awe of their mission and the professionalism that is demonstrated by the soldiers in the Special Forces through forums such as ShadowSpear, ProfessionalSoldiers, etc. and have no doubt in my mind that Special Forces is my personal end goal for a career in the Army. However, how soon I intend to carry out with my plan is something I am personally struggling with.

I know that I am the absolute minimum age that is accepted into the Special Forces, and I know that Special Forces benefits from much older and more experienced men than me. I have done research on the whole "am I too young and inexperienced for Special Forces?" question and have discovered good advice from both sides of the argument. I am currently focusing on improving myself physically as I have A LOT of work to do in that department. I will not step foot into a recruiter's office until I have reached a 300 APFT and have reached a standard of rucking that is satisfactory based on the word of Quiet Professionals that have walked the walk. I estimate that the standard I intend to hold myself to will give me a year at most to answer that question myself.

As all of you have probably inferred from this information, I have become a member of this site in order to help me achieve my goal, and maybe even help me discover the answer to my question. Thank you all for having me!

Back