Introduction

Luckynumber27

Unverified
Hello all, this is my introduction.

I’m a 26 year old graduate student currently pursuing my MBA. I enlisted in the Navy four years and change ago with a SEAL contract and was performance rolled from my class in the middle of first phase for failing too many four mile timed runs. From there I went to PTRR to wait to class back up but was ultimately dropped from the program with all the other run failures. Looking back on it all, it’s embarrassing to see how physically, mentally and emotionally underprepared I was for training. But hey, I was 21 and couldn’t even begin to appreciate the gravity of the opportunity I had.
I went undesignated to fleet and became an electronics technician on a flattop and learned very painfully just how blessed I was to have even had a shot at a pipeline. I assembled a full BUD/s package to go back to training, but two weeks before I submitted it to the draft, the SEAL ECM closed my specific year group. So, with the writing on the wall, I decided to separate since there was no guarantee that my already overmanned year group would ever open again and I was becoming an ever more bitter sailor by the day.
I am now back home, going to graduate school and have pretty much completely decided that I’m going back into the service as an officer. Every bit of desire to have a career in SOF is still there and I know I wasn’t cut out for a white collar business job.
I have my sights set on commissioning in the Army and pursuing a spot at SFAS when the time comes, I just have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me out with. Will post them later, but here is my introduction.

Back