Introduction

Stepchild91

Unverified
Hello all!

Occasionally found myself lurking some of the threads here, so I figured I may as well join up. Don't have the largest wealth of experience but definitely willing to contribute in any meaningful way I can.

Spent a few years active army as a 13F with the 173rd and (unfortunately) the 82nd Airborne, went to the 'stan with each unit. Got out while the gettin' was good in '12 and settled my first divorce. Then I went to school for mechanical engineering for a few years and ended up just becoming a 911 dispatcher. Started missing the military and ended up in group with the army guard as a 13F. Turns out I liked it more than I'd thought.

It's been a bit of a culture shock. Leadership really cares about your personal and family well-being. The school and training opportunities have been great, especially the tactics exchanges and HAVE ACE. I even enjoyed an NTC rotation (weird, right?). I do miss being on the line though, so I'm heavily entertaining the idea of going to one of our training teams, or switching blue to TACP or CCT.

Thanks for having me

Welcome. What's wrong with Division?
I didn’t have the best experience but I fully understand results may vary. Wasn’t a fan of all the large formation runs and the micromanaging at the time was terrible. We couldn’t do anything smaller than platoon PT, which really puts the 11c’s and 13f’s at a disadvantage in hq plt. I had terrible leadership there. 0600-1800 days with tons of time wasted, wouldn’t get tasks all day until 1600. Had to report 30 min early to the report for literally no reason and if I’m not mistaken that was the entire bde. Previous unit was much more combat capable. So preference mostly. Definitely worse places I could have ended up. I had just left a smaller unit on a much smaller post, so I missed the atmosphere.

Back