Introduction

DameronMAN

Unverified
I am going into my freshman year of high school and am looking into what I want to do as a career so I know how to tailor my high school experience to that. I know I want to go into special forces. I just don’t know what I should do. My top two choices are Navy seals and Army Green Berets but I’m open to suggestions. I don’t know the best way about going about that either. I’m thinking about going the 18xray route or maybe ROTC. Some help or suggestions would be appreciated.

If you want to be a SEAL, I highly suggest playing waterpolo and running track. I say track because waterpolo will most likely get in the way of cross country. I can’t express how valuable being a waterpolo player was to my Naval Special Warfare(NSW) Selection.

What intrigues you about these two choices in particular? Hopefully we can help you come to a decision. The water plays a huuuuge part in SEAL training, and that is largely what sets us apart from the other branches SOF units.

Last edited:
If you want to be a SEAL, I highly suggest playing waterpolo and running track. I say track because waterpolo will most likely get in the way of cross country. I can’t express how valuable being a waterpolo player was to my Naval Special Warfare(NSW) Selection.

What intrigues you about these two choices in particular? Hopefully we can help you come to a decision. The water plays a huuuuge part in SEAL training, and that is largely what sets us apart from the other branches SOF units.
I’m thinking about joining track. Tryouts are out now. I am really intrigued by SEALS because I want to serve my country on an elite level and I feel like special forces would be a great way to do that. Thanks for the advise, like I said, I’ll probably join track and I’ll look into water polo too

I don’t really know. I’m not really sure about what to do or why. I guess Green Berets or SEALS just seam more interesting and more of a challenge then other special forces.

I know that it is confusing, but Special Forces (SF) are what has been nick named Green Berets. Every other unit are Special Operations Forces(SOF) including SEALs and Special Forces(Green Berets).

While you are deciding, I have some homework for you.

Look into

Air Force Combat Controller (CCT),

Air Force ParaRescue(PJ),

Air Force Special Reconnaissance (SR),

Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC) Raider,

Army Ranger,

Army 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR) Nightstalker,

Navy Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman (SWCC)

Army Psychological Operations (PsyOp)

Army Civil Affairs (CA)

Last edited:
I know that it is confusing, but Special Forces (SF) are what has been nick named Green Berets. Every other unit are Special Operations Forces(SOF) including SEALs and Special Forces(Green Berets).

While you are deciding, I have some homework for you.

Look into

Air Force Combat Controller (CCT),

Air Force ParaRescue(PJ),

Air Force Special Reconnaissance (SR),

Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC) Raider,

Army Ranger,

Army 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR) Nightstalker,

Navy Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman (SWCC)
Alright, I’ll do some research on this. Thank you for your help.

I’m thinking about joining track. Tryouts are out now. I am really intrigued by SEALS because I want to serve my country on an elite level and I feel like special forces would be a great way to do that. Thanks for the advise, like I said, I’ll probably join track and I’ll look into water polo too

If the seasons work out the way they did when I was in high school, join wrestling too. Not only is it an incredible skill to have, but the workouts are going to be very similar to what you will get in a selection for SOF.

If the seasons work out the way they did when I was in high school, join wrestling too. Not only is it an incredible skill to have, but the workouts are going to be very similar to what you will get in a selection for SOF.
Yeah I don’t think they conflict. I did wresting for 2 years and I’m thinking about going back when I go into high-school.

Back