Introductions

Hello, my name's Aaron, i'm 18, and like many members on this site, currently waiting for an 11x Option 40 contract to become available. My recruiter told me it could be up to 2 years before a slot is vacant but I told him i'm willing to wait as long as I need to. In the meantime i'm to report to MEPS sometime within the next 24 days, and plan on using each day (or year), to prepare myself as much as possible mentally and physically for RASP.

Thank you for granting me the privilege of being apart of this group and God bless.

Hello, my name's Aaron, i'm 18, and like many members on this site, currently waiting for an 11x Option 40 contract to become available. My recruiter told me it could be up to 2 years before a slot is vacant but I told him i'm willing to wait as long as I need to. In the meantime i'm to report to MEPS sometime within the next 24 days, and plan on using each day (or year), to prepare myself as much as possible mentally and physically for RASP.

Thank you for granting me the privilege of being apart of this group and God bless.

Update: I went to MEPS and was medically cleared. I won't bore anyone with the details but long story short, a miracle happened and I was given the 11x option 40. I ship out next month and i'm scheduled for RASP in November.

Hello, my names Kenny. I will also enlist with a 68w option 40 contracts. I’m going to MEPS on the 12th and will wait as long as I have to for the contract. Currently I’m a Senior in Highschool so I have time to wait.

Hey guys, I'm a 24 year old college graduate and have been in the corporate world for over a year. I've learned that this lifestyle isn't really for me. I need a greater sense of purpose and something that I'm proud of alongside other likeminded men. Always dreamed of joining Army SOF, so I'm currently waiting on an option 40 contract while I train my ass off. Any advice is welcome.

Hello everyone,

I'm a recent graduate of BCT and I leave for AIT on the 3rd. I'm currently trying to become a 13F and I am fighting for a chance to go Airborne. Unlike many others, I did not have an opportunity to wait for or choose an Option 40 Contract, or even an Option 4 Contract, due to needing a medical waiver in order to enlist. Thus, I have to fight for my spot. If that means waiting to reenlist, or even if it means my chances are slim; then that's just fine. I would rather earn my reward than have it promised.

I look forward to working with y'all. Thank you.

Hello everyone,

I'm a recent graduate of BCT and I leave for AIT on the 3rd. I'm currently trying to become a 13F and I am fighting for a chance to go Airborne. Unlike many others, I did not have an opportunity to wait for or choose an Option 40 Contract, or even an Option 4 Contract, due to needing a medical waiver in order to enlist. Thus, I have to fight for my spot. If that means waiting to reenlist, or even if it means my chances are slim; then that's just fine. I would rather earn my reward than have it promised.

I look forward to working with y'all. Thank you.

Haldex, I’m an 11Z (11B) and a 13Z (13F). Let me know if you have any questions.

Hello Gentlemen,
I Decided to pursue Ranger about a year ago, had to get minor knee surgery to be cleared for MEPS (talked to recruiter and doctor everything should be good to go (no waiver). I was working in ski industry and then College but really felt like the culture wasn't the right fit for me. After talking to a friend in third bat who I went to military high-school with, I realized that I want to be a Ranger. My knee has been getting stronger everyday and is almost ready to be fully cleared through doctor. I intend to finish this semester of school then Go to Basic as soon as possible. I've been training pretty hard PT wise, taking from RASP/SFAS Prep and lifting to re-build leg strength/running endurance as well as polishing off my calisthenics. I've rummaged through a massive amount of information on the internet/youtube involving Rangers over the past year and pulled a lot of info from friends in the SOF and Ranger community. Should be going to MEPS in about 4 weeks once knee is 100 percent lookin and feeling good. Thanks for any future support or advice i may obtain.

Good evening everyone,
27 year old guy here, been in the medical field for ~4 years. Currently looking at a 68W contract w/ Airborne (Opt 40 wasn't available at the moment). I do have 11X w/ Opt 40 available but I wasn't sure exactly which route I wanted to take or what would be the "best". If I went the 68W w/ Airborne is it just a matter of asking to go to RASP? Trying to figure it out now actually, whether it be 68W w/ Airborne or 11X w/ Opt 40. I am not gonna lie, I am out of shape right now. All throughout high school I had been pretty fit, played soccer, boxed, did the normal hell raising that guys do. So I am currently kicking my ass trying to get in shape as effectively as possible without injury. Just printed out the 12 week RASP Training Program, going to start following that as well.

Hey Dude. Not in Military, But just thought I would mention that 68W opt 40s are a thing if you wait one will come up. Which then you would be guaranteed RASP then the extra training afterwords. If you go in the other way, nothing guarantees RASP if it's not on your contract. I'm not gunna say more as im a civilian but i'm knowledgeable on that part.

Hey Dude. Not in Military, But just thought I would mention that 68W opt 40s are a thing if you wait one will come up. Which then you would be guaranteed RASP then the extra training afterwords. If you go in the other way, nothing guarantees RASP if it's not on your contract. I'm not gunna say more as im a civilian but i'm knowledgeable on that part.

Yeah bro, I have heard the same stuff but at the same time I have been told not to wait for stuff like that and to just get in with what I've got in front of me and the rest will come. But I feel like those kind of things are very subjective.

Hello all!
My name is Michael. Recent college graduate living in Philadelphia, currently on the path of enlisting 11 X-ray option 40. Here to gain some advice as to how to best prepare myself in the time I have (1-3 months). Currently a great distance runner, however I am 130lbs and rail skinny so putting on weight/muscle has always been a bit of an issue for me. That being said, I am an extremely dedicated, and ambitious person who sees SOF (Specifically Army Rangers) as a true dream.
Regardless, very happy to find this forum and group. Glad there are so many like-minded, equally motivated individuals. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Look forward to talking to all of you

Yeah bro, I have heard the same stuff but at the same time I have been told not to wait for stuff like that and to just get in with what I've got in front of me and the rest will come. But I feel like those kind of things are very subjective.
Note: I'm I've not even gone through BCT yet

That's the same recruiter story myself and many others were told. I'd say stick it out. I was in your same position with the recruiters egging me on to take the contracts available because of "risk". Once they saw I wasn't going anywhere, they made some phone calls and made it happen. As I was going through this process, @FisherAD1 gave me solid advise on another forum in this group:
The typical recruiter story. The number of people I've seen go through RASP after signing the dotted line is incredibly small. Just wait, he/she is full of shit. Getting the 68W Opt40 is worth it.

Hey everyone, my name is Chris. I am 20, I am currently training to grab an Option 40 11X contract after I get clearance to proceed with physical evaluation. I have been working towards my goal since August 2018. I have a 121 GT and 112 CO score on the ASVAB with a 85 AFQT percentile, which I secured last week. Other than that, I hope to keep getting closer to my goal one step at a time.

Greetings all, my name is Daniel, I'm 18, I have been trying to join since Nov 2017, ran into some issues with MEPS, had some personal things derail my enlistment process, but I've got all my paperwork needed into my recruiter and currently waiting to hear from MEPS. After researching, talking to relatives, friends in the Military and doing deep soul searching, I have decided that I want to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment. An 11x Opt 40 would be the most desirable contract for me. Looking forward to posting more when I have updates from MEPS.

Back