Introductions

ShadowSpear

ShadowSpear.com
Administrator
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Please introduce yourself here. While this group does not currently have a group leader it will be used for the future leader to provide mentoring assistance. If you are a Verified SOF member who has been vetted as SF, please contact a staff member to have this group transferred to you.

Hello. I’m planning/working towards taking an 18x contract. I have no prior military service, and am a married 24 year old. I am hoping to be mentored if I am deemed deserving of mentorship. Thank you.

Hey everyone, I am also planning to pursue an 18x contract. I am 30 years old and did 9 years in the Air Force, but am a regular civilian now. I am currently going back to school and working on improving my fitness.

Hi everybody. I'm pursuing a REP63 contract with 19th Group. I turned 20 a little while back so I'm a little bit younger than a lot of guys. I study CS and math in college. Fitness wise for me since I used to always curious be about what everyone else was doing to prep, I'm doing a mixture of barbell-based strength training, running (from track work to long hilly trail runs), rucking of course, along with AMRAPs and calisthenics based interval sessions on days I don't lift. I'm using the big24 plan by mtnathlete as my basis for lifting with my running based around a mixture of an ultramarathon plan and a plan by Jack Daniels. AMRAPs are taken from a variety of sources or made by me. I basically just like to train hard AND smart. I'm attracted to SF due to a weird mixture of loving Tom Clancy books as a kid to having a strong appreciation of the long-term strategic effects UW and FID can have in both stabilizing conflict areas and securing the geopolitical and national security interests of the U.S. I'm interested specifically in the 18E and 18D positions and put those two as my primary and secondary MOS choices on my enlistment forms, respectively.

Hey badasses, I am a happily married 21 year old shithead. I originally wanted to be a door kicking, parachuting, and deep diving Frogman. I went to the Navy with an SO contract. I was medically dropped due to my left leg being a complete pussy. I had multiple femoral, tibia, and fibula stress fractures. I ran on that leg for about 5 weeks in NSWPS before getting caught with a limp. (Don't ever get caught limping. The coaches will tell on you.) In my eyes I failed. It's a black mark on my soul forever. My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer a few weeks after that, and I got out of the military with a hardship discharge.

The reason I want to join SF is because they do the mission I want to do, and they do it at the highest level. The men in the unit are the type of guys I want to serve with and learn from. That humble and quiet professional who gets shit done.

I currently work my ass off at a warehouse job, and I have began training to lose the weight I gained while being hurt. My goals at this time are to train smarter and to avoid all serious injuries. I want to take 2-3 years of smart training before getting an 18x. I also want to have that time to mature more and hopefully get more life experience.

P.S. If foul language is forbidden. I deeply apologize. I am a foul mouthed Christian with high amounts of caffeine in my blood.

That's awesome dude. Did you enjoy being a rescue swimmer?

There was a lot of stuff I enjoyed like shooting guns and jumping out. Did some real world rescues in the Philippines which was rewarding. I just wanted to do something a little more because deployments unfortunately involve the Carrier Strike Group which sucks haha.

Afternoon, gents. Quick intro, entered the Army in 14 May 2018, graduated OSUT on 31 August, went to Airborne and graduated on 20 September, currently at Bragg in SOPC hold. Still in-processing. Trying to familiarize myself with the area.

My 50m target is to get back the fitness I had before I went to OSUT. Ultimate goal is 18D. I've wanted a career in SOF since I was a kid. I want a place to belong with good people by my side. I want to help people. "To liberate the oppressed" is a very worthy motto to have, in my opinion. I want in.

Hi All,

Like others, I am pursuing an 18x contract. I am in the very early stages and am looking to go to MEPS this week to take the ASVAB. I have tried to do as much research as I can, but any advice would be more than welcome. I hope to be able to contribute to this forum in a positive manner.

Good evening, I was previously pursuing a contract with the USMCR to lat move with 4th Recon should I make their tryouts, but my package fell off and I am no longer being looked at to process into the Reserve. Prior Service Marines are simply not getting processed in right now, and if they are, its extremely rare. I have always wanted to serve, and to try out for SF. I initially enlisted at 17 years old with a Bible in my hand explaining my duty to be a living sacrifice for others. At this point I simply want to serve alongside men with purpose, seeking the preservation of human freedom. I believe in the SF mission and am signing a contract now with the ARNG as soon as an Airborne Infantry slot is found, I just left the office today. After I swear in and am enlisted I will be preparing for the semi-annual SFRE, in hopes of going to SFAS soon after. As of now I'm scheduled for an Airborne physical next Thursday 12/13. Knowing tryouts will be around April, I will be reading, running, rucking, and training hard.

Morning. I recently Enlisted with the NEARNG as a 35F and am in the process of finishing up my senior year. I ship to Basic this June, and am currently drilling once a month at RSP Drill. I chose the Guard because of a college program they offer, called the SMP program, which let's Enlisted Guard soldiers, who are still drilling, go to college, take part in ROTC, and commission on Active duty or stay in the Guard. It's my goal to commission on Active, and earn a spot as an 18A. My dad's a retired USAF special operator, and has spent time with and raised me around guys from all parts of the SOF community.

I am working toward 18x contract with NG SF 19th in Texas. Currently I am a full time Firefighter Paramedic. I just received the Get Selected book in the mail today. At the age of 33 I may not make the cutt but I am putting everything I have into training for it. Currently I work out 6 days a week run, weight lift, and now rucking. I would like to be 18D as I am a paramedic now and love the job.

To why I want to join SF; to teach others to fight for there freedom and care for them selves medically. The rest of my reasons can't be put into words.

Good morning, my name is John and I was a Marine reservist for six years. I am currently exploring the option of a one year contract with the NG so I can attend SFRE. I have been training with a ruck and preparing myself for the rigors of training once again. While serving with the Marines I had a chance to travel to a couple of different countries where we conducted cross training. One particular host nation raved about the Army Special Forces teams they worked with, and I would like to continue that mission as a member of an ODA. I look forward to reading through this group, forums, and posts for as much information I can find.

Hey, name is Nick. 23, no college no prior service. I leave for Benning in April under my 18x contract. My biggest issues going forward are likely going to be size (barely scraped by on weight at 121 for a height of 67) and breaking my body (feet, shins, hands) in as hard as possible. Wasn't originally interested in 18D but reading about the intense rigor makes it seem like a good alternative to 18C for me. I'm not entirely squeamish but I have no unusually great passion for nor history with medicine. Should I avoid it if I'm not incredibly passionate about it? Is the whole passion thing is more a bridge between ability and practice? Composite scores from my asvab below for reference.

Attachments

• pic_20190115_193808.jpg
    pic_20190115_193808.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Hello everyone, my name is Max and I’m 28 years old. I’m an 11B in the ARNG looking to go to 19th group. Currently finishing up my masters, I’m also a former police officer and DoS security contractor. I’ve made a few trips to the sand box and I’m hoping my next one will be as SF.

Hey there ...
I am hoping to be 18A ... Most of the threads on here describe getting to SF as an Officer difficult in the bureaucratic way (in addition to selection, etc.). I am a senior in college and will go through OCS. My focus is to get to SF and I am hearing the road is long as an OCS graduate, and certainly not guaranteed.

I am hoping to get in touch with a current/former 18A to hear his journey and maybe to help me with mine.
If anyone on this thread knows someone, that would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck and work hard to everyone!

Hello everyone,

My name is Cameron, I live in Hudsonville, Michigan which is about 15 minutes outside of Grand Rapids. I’m 19 years old. I graduated high school in 2018. My plan after high school was to play junior hockey then college hockey. I had hip surgery in July and on the other hip in October. By the time I was fully recovered it was too late to catch on with a team this season. So at this point I will try out for some high level junior teams for next season and if I don’t make any of those then I will work and train for about a year before enlisting under 18x.

Back