Is he really an ex army ranger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justagirl

Unverified
Thanks in advance for the help.

I have been dating an american who has told me many stories of his career in the army. Something he said the other day did not sit right with me, so i went to the DoD online search to see what i can find.

The only record found was him serving from 82 - 85. So i approached him and asked how thats possible.

He said that he was part of the 3rd battilion (please forgive me if i do not use the correct terminology, no disrespect meant at all ) and that they are so “special” it wouldnt show on the DoD search.

So i asked him for his DD214. The DD214 would have that information wouldnt it?

Thanks again! Honestly appreciate the help as i feel like im being played.

No offence taken. I am feeling it myself.

Im really hoping for confirmation that the info would be on the DoD search.

@Justagirl, I won't pretend to know what's going on in your headspace, but allow me to relate:

This board was taken in by a poser, a con, in an elaborate scheme that took us months to sort out...and that was only after he outed himself. He was good, we had our doubts at times, but his leaky ship held together until he punched a hole in it on Facebook. We collapsed his whole world in a few days, but it still stings a bit.

We have had members arrive here like you, some who stuck around, that were conned by someone. It happens.

I started a thread about dealing with posers based upon my experiences with a high school math teacher 30 years ago. To this day people won't speak to me because I outed their "favorite" teacher years after he'd passed.

Being taken in by a liar, poser, con is nothing new, so don't beat yourself up. Do what you want, but I'd GTFO of that relationship. The lies won't stop.

Good luck.

I appreciate the help everyone, thank you. I really did figure he was bullshitting me as soon as i did the DoD search.

He is telling me his service with the 3rd wont show on his DD214, so confirmation that it will show is helpful. He is supposed to “find” his DD214 after work today, i am already prepared for it to go “missing.”

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to these kind of things, especially regarding our different countries, but i still knew something was fishy.

Im glad i found yall.

Reactions: Arf
If you are so doubtful of his bonafides that you're asking for him to provide you a DD-214, you already know the answer to your real question; "should I stay in a long-term relationship with this man".

For a Canuck, you seem impressvely educated in the ways of the American military; DD-214, DOD online search, etc. Hell, I was in the Marines for 23 years and I don't know how to do a "DOD online search".

If you are so doubtful of his bonafides that you're asking for him to provide you a DD-214, you already know the answer to your real question; "should I stay in a long-term relationship with this man".

For a Canuck, you seem impressvely educated in the ways of the American military; DD-214, DOD online search, etc. Hell, I was in the Marines for 23 years and I don't know how to do a "DOD online search".

Google. Just a googler lol but thanks

I appreciate the help everyone, thank you. I really did figure he was bullshitting me as soon as i did the DoD search.

He is telling me his service with the 3rd wont show on his DD214, so confirmation that it will show is helpful. He is supposed to “find” his DD214 after work today, i am already prepared for it to go “missing.”

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to these kind of things, especially regarding our different countries, but i still knew something was fishy.

Im glad i found yall.

Everything he did or did not do in terms of what units will show up. Claiming otherwise being deceptive.

Its not hard to get a dd214, or order a replacement copy.

My friendly advice is move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back