Is this right? Non-Prior Service National Guard SF

e8f8d9

Unverified
I'm hoping to verify some information and make sure my recruiter is being straight with me. Specialforcesrecruiter.com says that the Rep 63 (now 18X I believe) gives you a chance to attend SFAS in your initial training pipeline. I was connected to a recruiter and I'm being told instead I have to enlist under a contract for a Support MOS, finish Basic Training and AIT, then request to join the Readiness Enhancement Company and complete the Special Forces Readiness Evaluation in order to get sent to SFAS.

Does this sound correct? I had been informed previously through official publications and persons in 19th group that you went OSUT>Airborne School>SFPC>SFAS.

National Guard and active duty are two very different beast.

I'd encourage you to use the search function and view the multitude of SF threads.

Mod Hat: If a green tag wishes to respond with advice, go for it. Everyone else, let's take a backseat.

I'd encourage you to use the search function and view the multitude of SF threads.
And I’ve already locked 2 of your threads on this topic @e8f8d9 for not using the search function and tagging into an existing thread.

What group/state?

You saying Readiness Enhancement Company makes me think Utah. If that's the case they do for sure have an 18x/REP63 option. If not Utah I still think 90% of states do REP63/18x.

It sounds to me like your recruiter is trying to fill a support slot. If you want to be SF then make sure you get the REP63 contract. I was told this exact thing from my recruiter, and although it worked out in the end. My road to SF was much longer because I didn't take a REP63 contract.

This should hopefully help clear things up, this is directly from the Utah SF recruiting stations Instagram account.

Attachments

• 97367518-DB9E-46E6-AFF9-77017B607610.png
    97367518-DB9E-46E6-AFF9-77017B607610.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
Back