Jamal Khashoggi thread (murdered journalist)

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
Kinda surprised this topic has not been discussed yet. Terrible story, Trump has been making ‘nice’ with the Saudis because he sees them as the key to peace between Israel and Palestine; will be interesting to see how “we” handle this.

Audio 'proves Saudi Arabia critic WAS killed at consulate in Istanbul by 15-man assassination squad' | Daily Mail Online

The government in Turkey claims to have evidence that US-based journalist Jamal Khashoggi was murdered at the Saudi Arabia embassy after the critic of the country went to get a visa for his upcoming wedding.

He was captured on CCTV footage entering the building in Istanbul October 2 and a source has told The Washington Post he was killed and then dismembered by members of security.

'The voice recording from inside the embassy lays out what happened to Jamal after he entered,' the insider told the newspaper that Khashoggi, 59, worked for.

'You can hear his voice and the voices of men speaking Arabic … You can hear how he was interrogated, tortured and then murdered.'

Not surprising considering he's been pissing off the Saudis for years...and more recently the defense minister, bin Salman. Not a man to fuck with, apparently.

Last edited:
I know congress is all up in arms....but, not sure where we have standing...Consulate in Turkey is Saudi soil, offense occurred there. Turkey government can't really do anything....

We can try to use our associating with Saudi....but when push comes to shove, not much we can do.

I think they were trying to lift him and get him back to Saudi. Otherwise why lure him to the consulate and why use so many people for a killing on controlled grounds.

Possibly, knowing that he would never travel to Saudi.....closest thing would be an embassy or consulate....inviolate treaties involved. If you kill him in the open...that host country can investigate the offense with the weight of the government on their side. Right now the Turks can't even enter the consulate.

If you kill him in the open and get caught it's like Mossad's Lillehammer fiasco in '73, after the Munich Olympic massacre. Six of them went to prison IIRC.

I think they were trying to lift him and get him back to Saudi. Otherwise why lure him to the consulate and why use so many people for a killing on controlled grounds.

Either something went wrong or they had a contingency plan to kill or kidnap him in the event he didn't show up at the Embassy. In that case, they would've needed the extra manpower...diversions, lookouts, wheelmen, muscle, all that.

Whatever the bait, it must've been pretty compelling to get him to walk in on his own.

Last edited:
Well, if the Saudis did tourture and kill him, perhaps the 15 man ‘team’ (and I say team loosely) were people who had a personal interest in seeing him suffer and die? The article did mention that it was suspected that Khashoggi was “lured” in. The Saudis could have hit him anywhere, if they just wanted him dead; so to lure him in for a secret unbridled torture session sounds plausible. This is just speculation on my part of course; I haven’t even been in that country for over 20 years. However, it is speculation based on deductive reasoning derived from cultural and behavioral observations.

But again, this is a cursory speculation. I’m interested in hearing more opinions of some of the members who have dealt with situations similar to this and how these actions precipitate.

You can torture a guy for various personal reasons, but I'll bet he had sources and info the Saudis wanted.

With that said, this is a heinous murder, but not unexpected. The Saudis are becoming less radical, but the mentality remains. I'm not shocked, but I'm also not excusing their behavior. A Middle Eastern country without human rights violations is...France? Germany?

I'll bet he had sources and info the Saudis wanted. The Saudis are becoming less radical, but the mentality remains.

Agreed, sources and info. that could be incriminating for certain persons. Certain persons which may have been in the same room when Khashoogi was executed. And the way this went down, as described, is a reflection of this mentality you mention. Not shocked either, but it's an ugly brazen move that raises my brow even more.

Could of got hold of members of his family and got him to come in on his own accord. Maybe he would've squeeled if not for a veiled threat of someone he loves getting an acid bath or dragged out to the dessert.

Saudis doing Arab things, in Turkey of all places. Who would've thought?

I don't know what's more interesting to me... the fact that Saudis are whacking their own people in an overseas embassy, or the Turks just flat admitted that they tapped the shit out of the Saudi embassy and straight dropped a dime about it to the world.

I don't know what's more interesting to me... the fact that Saudis are whacking their own people in an overseas embassy, or the Turks just flat admitted that they tapped the shit out of the Saudi embassy and straight dropped a dime about it to the world.

Needless to say, Turkey has an angle on this and isn't doing it out of the kindness of its non-existent heart.

After two years of utilizing a coup attempt as an excuse to repress the press for more than two years after the fact, Turkey wants to play the role of the savior of free speech (replete with the maximal indignation Turkey is so well-known for)? Eat a flaming bag of dicks...

Turkey vs. Saudi flinging shit at each other regarding population repression is a topic on which I cannot roll my eyes hard enough.

Between this and the release of Brunson I wonder about their motives. Turkey never misses an opportunity to shit in the punch bowl.

Needless to say, Turkey has an angle on this and isn't doing it out of the kindness of its non-existent heart.

<snip> ....the Turks just flat admitted that they tapped the shit out of the Saudi embassy and straight dropped a dime about it to the world.

And here is where they try to put a cap on that....
Missing Saudi journalist 'recorded his own death on his Apple Watch' | Daily Mail Online

Missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi may have recorded his own death on his Apple Watch, it has been claimed.

He turned on the recording function on the device before walking into the Saudi Arabia embassy in Istanbul on October 2, according to Turkish newspaper Sabah.

Then his 'interrogation, torture and killing were audio recorded and sent to both his phone and to iCloud', the newspaper report.

Here is where it’s gets a bit hinky: His assailants tried to hack into the watch with multiple failed password attempts before using his fingerprint to unlock it and delete some files, the report claims.

But....

1). The Apple Watch uses a 4 digit passcode to open the watch not fingerprint
2). I wear an Apple Watch, to set it up to record a conversation and then auto-send to the cloud? Ummm...

If anything he may have turned on the recording app on his iPhone and then uploaded - but, I’m not burning any of this.

And the Saudis. Now if that ain't a bunch of duplicitous motherfuckers. Let's give women the right to drive a fucking car while we torture the shit out of these human rights activists. How long have the Saudis been playing six different versions of The Game to preserve their precious monarchy? They bang their heads on the mat for Allah then hit the nightclubs and fleshpots in Soho. Their foreign and domestic policies are just as contradictory.

Last edited:

This is very interesting. And it makes this whole situation make more sense.

So...Turkish Intel had him eh?

That's kind of what I'm thinking. It would explain a lot, like how they knew when he was going into the embassy, and how they got a recording of his purported death, and why they're so willing to come out with it.

An interesting, if rather lengthy read from The Spectator, if one has the time. I had a hunch that certain things didn’t add up (because fuck American media), but not enough knowledge to figure out where that hunch came from. While there is still quite a bit that I don’t know, I at least understand that my hunch was right.

An interesting, if rather lengthy read from The Spectator, if one has the time. I had a hunch that certain things didn’t add up (because fuck American media), but not enough knowledge to figure out where that hunch came from. While there is still quite a bit that I don’t know, I at least understand that my hunch was right.

WOW. What an interesting article.

Back