Leaving for SFAS soon

Good luck, and stay the hell out of the draws. They will eat you alive this time of year!!!

X10. there is a reason we said "I fought the draw...and the draw won"

cross at the point where the contour lines are closest. And drink water, all the time, every time.

stay away

stay away from the cammo shed.. drink water take care of your feet... buy 2 rolls of 100mile tape (you will find out why) and remember 1 foot in front of the other.. aint nothing but a thing... oh yeah stay out of the draws.. and at night if you think someone is following you through the woods.. there is.. and never ever ever use the roads...

Dont ever be light on the weigh in either before or afterwards.. pack a few extra pounds just in case.. and not sure if they still do it or not but sand babies make sure that the damn string on the bag is tied tight.. oh and DRINK WATER........ all the time....

just to clear the air.. never passed.. made it but spent my last night there in the cammo shed.. pissed as hell but hey out of 200 i think that started there was only 90 left. and 82 got to go on from there.. when I returned to 575 team room I felt like a major piece of shit.. 2nd day back had a PT test.. troy wanted to send my ass packing back to the 101st so bad but he wasnt the only one lets see who all I remember.. Kevin, Troy, Terry, and I think his name was Will but not sure. Anyway long story short never ever let them know what your MOS is cause once the team your on in SFAS finds out that you are not a 11Bang Bang or that you dont have a short Tab your fucked.. well it was that way back in 97.. but what the hell do I know..just a freakin REMF now.. damn it

So, I was considering doing SFRE her in CA after this AGR tour, (I'm fucking Old but hell we'll see if I can't give it a go). I have a few MOS's one being 11B1P, but it's not my primary by any means. As well the MOS was over 12 years ago when I actually had any real capability in it.

Essentially what I'm asking is, are you saying someone without the qualification you've listed shouldn't even give a go? Or are you saying that one should hide this from they're team members?

The latter seems like it wouldn't behoove the candidate. I'm asking for the benefit of the board.
Anyway long story short never ever let them know what your MOS is cause once the team your on in SFAS finds out that you are not a 11Bang Bang or that you dont have a short Tab your fucked.. well it was that way back in 97.. but what the hell do I know..just a freakin REMF now.. damn it

...are you saying someone without the qualification you've listed shouldn't even give a go? Or are you saying that one should hide this from they're team members?...

While I am obviously not UJD I will give you my perspective on the issue having attended SFAS a lil more recently than he.

There are quite a few non-11series, non-Ranger tab'd guys attending SFAS, getting selected, and subsequently attending and graduating the SFQC. It makes no matter to the cadre or your team where you came from or what your MOS is as long as you can do the job...

If you want to do it, dont let not having a Ranger tab stand in your way; we wont.

Crip

Thanks for the info Crip.

I need to focus on my immediate target right now. Then the following and so forth. But I am glad to hear its not out of the question.

Right now I know where I am going and nees to focus there.

ALCON. Please excuse my grammar and spelling btw, it gets difficult sometimes posting from my phone.

So, I was considering doing SFRE her in CA after this AGR tour, (I'm fucking Old but hell we'll see if I can't give it a go). I have a few MOS's one being 11B1P, but it's not my primary by any means. As well the MOS was over 12 years ago when I actually had any real capability in it.

Essentially what I'm asking is, are you saying someone without the qualification you've listed shouldn't even give a go? Or are you saying that one should hide this from they're team members?

The latter seems like it wouldn't behoove the candidate. I'm asking for the benefit of the board.

First, you have to come to our SFRE and exceed the standards. Don't even waste our time if you're not prepared. In case it's not clear enough, CA is my unit. I'm sure you heard it time and time again, just focus on the 5 meter target which for you is SFRE.

Back