Looking for a subcompact pistol

I hear 229s are good guns, but the only time I handled one was as part of a covered HUMINT training program, and the way I held it, I accidentally operated the mag release while I was firing it.

Twice.

Operator error no doubt, but I'd rather operate a gun where I don't have those kinds of errors.

I mistyped, I meant to say the p239. That said, the 229 IS a fine gun.

I hear 229s are good guns, but the only time I handled one was as part of a covered HUMINT training program, and the way I held it, I accidentally operated the mag release while I was firing it.

Twice.

Operator error no doubt, but I'd rather operate a gun where I don't have those kinds of errors.
I was issued one for a deployment several years back. I liked it and would consider getting one of the new models that is cut for optics.

As for the mag release issue: have you tried having smaller hands? Might help!

@Salt USMC @Ooh-Rah I was up at SIG Sauer academy earlier this month to take some armorer's courses and decided to buy a P365. I really like my P320, but it's a little big and bulky for carry in the city in warm weather. Same with my SW M&P.

I was annoyed that SIG wouldn't let me carry it out of the store even though I have a legit FFL (I guess they only do hand to hand with NH residents?) but whatever, they're not the only ones.

I also didn't expect to have to wait for it to be made and delivered. I guess they are pretty popular guns.

It's just the baseline P365, with an external safety. I'm OK with guns without external safeties (like my M&P) but I feel more comfortable with appendix carry with an external safety. I'll put a red dot (probably a SIG Romeo) on it eventually, and maybe a small light.

At any rate, I received notice this morning that the gun is on the way. For those who haven't seen one, it looks like this:

View attachment 45134
My EDC is the 365 X MACRO.... but the entire 365 line is great

Depending on what you like. I have the small Glock 43 and it works great, but limited in ammo, regular load is 6+1...but you can add mag extensions. I also use a 43X...same size as 43, except the handle. It holds 10+1...I use shield mags so it's 15+1 for me. Both are slim and shoot great.

My EDC is the 365 X MACRO.... but the entire 365 line is great
Same. I honestly believe that it's the way forward from here. I just wish that there was a 6354 option for it from Safariland to use as a secondary. I don't have the comped Xmacro version and enjoy having that extra bit of barrel length, along with that 17 round capacity it gives me.

Same. I honestly believe that it's the way forward from here. I just wish that there was a 6354 option for it from Safariland to use as a secondary. I don't have the comped Xmacro version and enjoy having that extra bit of barrel length, along with that 17 round capacity it gives me.
My in not the comp one either. I have the Hollosun optic on it. But i run it appendix with a Incog X. Depending on time, maybe rock it with a light and extra mag.

Back