McGregor/Mayweather Fight

I don't see it happening. Lots of jaw jacking by both sides. Floyd won't get in the ring for less that $100 million and a cut of everything.

A: I'll believe it when I see it

B: Floyd has no ground game, that's not in dispute.

C: Everything I've heard about McGregor is that he has not 'real' boxing skills. He'd get his ass handed to him in a stand up.

I think Mayweather would wipe the floor with him in a straight boxing match...

I think Mayweather would wipe the floor with him in a straight boxing match...
That's the shitty thing about it, Mayweather would fight this fight exactly like his last 10-20 fights have gone. With the exception of some TKO's and a KO in 1999, Mayweather boxes, he doesn't fight. He's a slippery counterpuncher that never brawls and just wins points, specifically in rounds 6-12. To purists? Sure it's pretty.

To people accustomed to watching MMA fights, it's boring. I think Mayweather would dominate and win a UD against Conor, but he's not knocking him out. probably not knocking him down.

I think the key would be the gloves. If they wore the mma gloves it would be a legit match. I think the ability for boxers to take so much damage over time with the heavier gloves is a part of the sport - but one that really skews to fighters with Mayweather's style.

I think the key would be the gloves. If they wore the mma gloves it would be a legit match. I think the ability for boxers to take so much damage over time with the heavier gloves is a part of the sport - but one that really skews to fighters with Mayweather's style.
And there is NO WAY Floyd agrees to anything other than boxing regulated gloves. He's not throwing on 4 oz gloves for anything less than a bajillion dollars.

I wouldn't pay to see this fight unless there was some compromise on Mayweather's part. Since that arrogant fuck won't do anything to step outside his comfort zone, I don't see it happening. I would love to see a highlight of McGregor wading through some jabs to get a hook in and knock Floyd the fuck out though.

I agree, the only way this fight happens, is if it benefits Floyd and the deck is stacked in his favor. It will be boxing, with the high purse to Floyd, and he will fight for a points decision. After his Olympic medal and he turned pro, I followed him, when he used to actually slug it out. He was pretty amazing. Now, can't stand the motherfucker. Full of himself, beats up on women, and won't get in there and bang. I don't think to highly of Conor either, but at least he will step out of the comfort zone and fight, I do respect that.

Funny thing, either one of the Diaz brothers could cross over to professional boxing and do very well. I'm not so sure about Conor doing as well.

By the time this fight happens, Floyd will be 45 and Conor will have worked on his boxing for six years. I'll take Connor in a KO or Floyd in a UD.

Most amateur bouts are with 10oz gloves... professionals? like 7

A lot of people see boxing gloves and think these big padded pillows. I had gloves that I would spar with (more padding over the wrist) and then I had my bag gloves (think the pillow looking ones to protect the hands). You can feel the other guy's knuckles through sparring gloves.

My stance from a pugilist state of mind is that Connor McGregor would get absolutely knocked the fuck out. I see some of the comments about Mayweather's style about being a counter puncher and slippery but McGregor is going to make so many mistakes that I can't even imagine Mayweather not taking advantage of this. He specifically stated that he would exit retirement to make this happen, suggested that McGregor get the biggest payday he can get because he's about to get his ass beat boxing...

I'm curious to see what happens.

I don't get the excitement around this fight. Mayweather may be a prick, but he is an exceptional boxer. Conor may be a prick, but he is an exceptional MMA fighter. Having McGregor limited to boxing takes away the excitement of what he brings to the fight game. Obviously he sees this as a payday more than anything else, it is difficult to believe a reasonable person thinks Mayweather could lose to him in straight up boxing.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor head-to-head | Daily Mail Online

Well hold up -

If McGregor by some sort of unicorn magic could go the distance with Mayweather or somehow by divine intervention actually put him on his ass - I would hold him IMHO as the best pound for pound fighter across all sports. Seriously.

Of course, Mayweather would never fight my man Gannady Golovkin because he'd probably be put into a fucking coma but that's another story.

I think the pre-fight press conference will be more exciting than the fight. Two of the premier shit talkers in sports.

Conor is gonna get beaten. He's not a boxer and he's gonna be in a boxing match against a top class boxer.

He's also gonna get filthy rich... So I doubt he gives a fuck that he's gonna get beaten.

He's also gonna get filthy rich... So I doubt he gives a fuck that he's gonna get beaten.

And how much face is he going to lose if he gets his ass handed to him in a boxing ring by the currently-best boxer in the world?

Seriously Mayweather is the best boxer at his weight class, ever? Undefeated, some random guy who has never fought more than 3 rounds is going to go the distance with him? I don't think so. There is in shape, then there is take punches for 12 rounds shape.

At most an MMA fight is 25 minutes? Have any of McGregirs fights gone that long? Many of Mayweathers fights go the full 48 minutes...

Last edited:
McGregor does not have the technique to stand in a foreign boxing match with one of the best fighters to hop in the ring.

Like sure, Tim Tebow switched over to baseball - he didn't go hop in the octagon with fucking Randy Couture or Dan Henderson. He just sits on the spring training roster lmao.

Back