Medical Qualifications for Support Personnel

Modulus

Unverified
Hello,

In regards to support personnel for SOF, are said personnel upheld to the same medical standards that are applied to SOF? In particular, I am trying to find an answer to the above question regarding NSW computer/IT personnel.

For reference, Google returned a NAVY document detailing requirements for the Tactical Information Operations program that is attached to Naval Special Warfare.
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...an/1000/1300Assignment/Documents/1306-984.pdf

Item five in the above document states "(5) For TAC-EW/TAC-CNO – satisfactorily complete physical screening test (COMNAVSPECWARCOM R242019Z JUN 04)."

The reason for my inquiry, is that I am red/green color vision deficient. I am unable to pass the PIP test and my ability to pass the FALANT test is questionable at best. Would my color vision deficiency prevent me from serving in a NSW direct support IT/computer role just as it would prevent me from serving as a SEAL?

Note - I am currently a civilian and not serving in the US military. I am considering the military as my next career move and in doing so, attempting to find information on opportunities that might be available to me.

Thank you

The reason for my inquiry, is that I am red/green color vision deficient. I am unable to pass the PIP test and my ability to pass the FALANT test is questionable at best. Would my color vision deficiency prevent me from serving in a NSW direct support IT/computer role just as it would prevent me from serving as a SEAL?

Yes, it would for a DIRSUP role but not sure about the rear element.

Back