Moon Launch

Gunz

Combined Action
Verified Military
Me too. We're about 110 miles west of the Cape and if the weather's clear we can see the launches from our back porch. We don't get the sound or the shockwaves (like you'd get at the Cape), but the engine burns and contrail are very cool.

Shuttle launches were good because of the size of the burns. The launch of this big rocket should be even better.

Me too. We're about 110 miles west of the Cape and if the weather's clear we can see the launches from our back porch. We don't get the sound or the shockwaves (like you'd get at the Cape), but the engine burns and contrail are very cool.

Shuttle launches were good because of the size of the burns. The launch of this big rocket should be even better.

I saw two shuttle launches, a day launch in May, 1987; a night launch, December 19, 1999. I could only imagine what Apollo was like, and this is supposed to be like that.

NASA isn't Musk. The former has to consider optics (funding) and the latter has to consider...whatever goes through his mind.

NASA can't afford to make a mistake, so I don't see a lot of dice rolling in this new program.

No, and if they took Apollo in baby steps they are damn near sprinting with Artemis. I hope it's not hubris.

They’re taking it off the pad back to vehicle assembly building so forget a launch anytime soon. Hell, it takes a week or so just to transport it to the VAB on the crawler.

I’d drive it to California if I had to, there’s too much at stake to fail on the first go. For better or worse, this isn’t the 1950’s.

Back