Motivations

Habibi_mabrook

Unverified
I don't really want to pass through SFAS and Q Course because USA!USA! or anything like that; I just want to prove I' among the best at what I do. I have a persistent drive to silence doubters and to, for instance, hit a major shot in the High School basketball state playoffs and stare daggers at the other team, letting them know I bested them and just torpedoed their dreams.

Am I gonig to be psychologically sniffed out and cut immediately? I think that I am smart enough to present as being whatever the cadre, even subconsciously vis a vis through body language or foot placement, respong to most positively. I really just want to prove better than those who couldn;t perservere, despite as I type I am likely, by way of percentages, to be a non-finisher. Either way, if you challenge me I'm gonna solve that fucking puzzle.

Right or way wrong attitude?

Physically, I'm as golden as Pony Boy. However, I'm worried that if I don't work nicely with others Ill be voted off the island

Hey man hows it going ?

I have similar aspirations to be on an army SOF. As a peer I believe you have the wrong attitude about attending SFAS.
You don't need to prove anything to anyone. Your motivation shouldn't come from superficial things; ie: wanting to impress people. If you end up in a combat, imagine being under fire with a team of people who are only there because of shallow motivations.
My motivation comes from a love a country and desire to defend human rights where ever they are oppressed. I could care less about proving my self to anyone but my self.
I wish you all the best, may you find your path.

@Habibi_mabrook post an intro in the appropriate intro thread for this sub-group here:

New Guys..

Your intro post to the website doesn't count for this sub-group. We try to do more hands on mentoring here, and therefore want to know more about the candidates who aspire to be like us.

@AdamZ42 I appreciate the sentiment, but please stay in your lane and leave the feedback to SF guys unless you ask permission before hand.

I...I... I'... I... I... I... I... I... I... I... I... I... I'm...

How I read that. It’s not about you and your need to find validation and “prove yourself.” It’s about the team. And if you think you are going to be a chameleon and “fool” the Selection cadre into thinking you are whatever you think they want you to be so you can stare “daggers” at the opposing team (whatever that means, though it seems pretty egotistical for someone that wants to be part of a team and brotherhood), I’d suggest maybe you should rethink your reasoning for wanting to be a GB. At the end of the day, do you and put your money up and let the Selection cadre decide for you, but I’d get more of a team mentality if I wanted to have a chance.

At every one of the units I have been assigned to there is a "Remember the Fallen" wall. When I see the wall I feel some sort of guilt of not being able to join sooner than I did at 18 years old. What drives me to want to become a GB is that if we can get these countries that we are in to fight their own wars then maybe there wouldn't be so many fallen soldiers to remember. So my goal and dream are to be part of that mission and mindset. I also want to be part of an organization filled with like-minded people. People who genuinely care and give a shit every day and not just the days they feel motivated or when everything is just peachy.

I also want to become a GB because I have 2 kids and my goal is to be the best role model because I didn't have one growing up. The way I know I succeeded as a father and as a role model is when they are asked what they want to be when they grow up, they don't limit themselves to an electrician or something mediocre and safe (nothing wrong with those professions). I want them to see that dad set his sights on the best and achieved it and so they develop the mindset that anything is possible.

Back